Shooting Under Threat in Northern Ireland

webber

How can you edit your posts without any one knowing?

I do have a clue but you cannot see past the end of your nose.

You added three lines, this will show up as being edited.

It's easy I use the edit button. No point in us arguing anymore. Your anti hunting and shooting and I'm not.

Call me irrational if you want but why ban anything when there is no need, I lost pistols through one ban and eventually all guns in public ownership will be banned too.

How much more are you willing to bend over and be shafted. These bans should be fought even though you might not agree with it, what's the next one going to be?

Blaser, the above quote is from the 'Is anyone bothered' lead ban thread. It seems to me that as a clay shooter you're vehemently opposed to using steel for YOUR sport and want everyone to fight YOUR corner, irrespective of how they feel about it. Fair enough, but don't you think you should defend others sport, whether YOU agree with it or not?

It's a two way street mate.

Its ok; like most of the hypocrits in this world Blaser seems fit to eat meat but then doesn't see the point in us shooting anything that runs or flys. I take it you eat lamb or chicken? Well I have protected many a farmers lambs through the use of snares.

Monkeyboots: I can possible see them banning snares, but there is no way they would ban hunting animals/birds with dogs.

I was in getting a load of cartridges (to shoot live things) and on the counter were letters of disapproval to the ban on dogs and the ban on the wild fowling aspect as well as the snare its the first one i have came across with such pre worded letters and addressed envelopes just sign and put a stamp on it, I was in Braddels the other day and they have no such letters so how many more RFDs hav`nt got these letters to give to the shooting circle? a lot more than you would probably expected..........

Is it not in thier interest also to take up the reins and push the relevent letters ??

Had a reply from Mr.N.Dodds after i emailed him and i Quote:-

Dear Mr Txxxxxxxx

Many thanks for your email. I am grateful for you drawing this to my attention and I will certainly raise it with the authorities to see if it can be sorted out. When I have further information I will, of course, be in touch.

Yours sincerely Nigel Dodds OBE MLA

Seems from that HE dosent even know its up for debate ,, A set of blinkers comes to mind !

Quiver

I reckon they should ban Stormont, since that place has been in operation (is it in operation) the lead ban has came in and now snares, they just can't stop dicking about with what they think will be an easy touch. If they would spend more time getting their own houses in order it would serve them & us better!! Plus the vast majority of them are 2 faced ******S who are only there to serve their own purpose!!! Rant over for now.

I reckon they should ban Stormont, since that place has been in operation (is it in operation) the lead ban has came in and now snares, they just can't stop dicking about with what they think will be an easy touch. If they would spend more time getting their own houses in order it would serve them & us better!! Plus the vast majority of them are 2 faced ******S who are only there to serve their own purpose!!! Rant over for now.

sad to say but this country was better off when the troubles where on ;)

tell me about it :blink: :lol: then again look how long the psni take to grant a FAC :lol: as my FEO told me a few years ago he said there is a lot of bad boys running about with rifles/shotguns who in the old RUC days would never of got a FAC wonder if he was hinting at me :lol::lol:

Edited by monkeyboots

tell me about it :blink: :lol: then again look how long the psni take to grant a FAC :lol: as my FEO told me a few years ago he said there is a lot of bad boys running about with rifles/shotguns who in the old RUC days would never of got a FAC wonder if he was hinting at me :lol::lol:

:lol: i hope that balaclava is just for lamping foxes... :yp: :lol: :lol: :lol:

suppose were lucky enough at the mo, ive had guys telling me about having to keep rifle bolts+ammo in the local station, and having to give precise info on where theyre going shooting, though the way things are at the mo were ringing them anyway :lol: