50 BMG Deer Hunting

f.a.c.sam

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="385">

And to think my FEO refused me a .308 for mine :good:

Edited by f.a.c.sam

cant agree with it but it still amazes me to this day to see how deer manage to run with that sort of injury, Number of times I have hit fallow or sika and seen them dissapear into the bushes as if they hadnt been touched to find them stone dead 50 - 100m away, always scares the hell out of me when they do that.

doc

there's two rifles - the barrel of the .50bmg can be seen just after the shot (with a bipod). the other person is carrying a 'normal' hunting rifle (without bipod), also notice the pistol for a follow up if necessary.

Edited by nickbeardo

also notice the pistol for a follow up if necessary.

Follow up!!!!! christ..... I think he could safely have left the hand gun in the truck!!!!

Appalling safety though, no backstop, firing into woodland with a .50BMG.... F*(&^)*g maniacs.... bloody Americans!

• 2 weeks later...

I guess that just shows that no matter what you hit them with they can still run. The shot placement wasn't too bad at all.

The good thing about boiler room shots is that no matter how much mess you make, you don't lose a great deal of meat unless a splinter or fragment hits the shoulder.

No respect for quarry did you see him kick the deer in the head to make sure it was dead - disgusting what some of our american cousins can get away with.

shooting using a "wood" as a backstop was pretty special too - how can they be sure that was safe??! especially with a 50 cal (it would comfortably travel through several trees) its all well saying well they may have known no one was "supposed" to be there but supposed to be there and actually being there is a different story they couldnt be sure they should have been using a high seat or elevation of some discription - sorry rant over but seeing these kinds of things annoy me

:yes: Dont you kick foxes and squizzers to make sur ethey are dead before you pick them up? I know I do!!! :hmm:

I know what your saying but the kind of "nudge" you do for that and whats in the vid is different or appeared so to me maybe i am being a little sensitive here, a 50 cal into a tree line still seems wrong tho

Edited by JamesLeic

Follow up!!!!! christ..... I think he could safely have left the hand gun in the truck!!!!

Appalling safety though, no backstop, firing into woodland with a .50BMG.... F*(&^)*g maniacs.... bloody Americans!

Not all Americans dude.. This colonial would never consider such a thing.. I do use my .50 Cal Smith & Wesson handgun for rabbitt hunting :yes: YYYYEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAWWWWWW!

Not all Americans dude.. This colonial would never consider such a thing.. I do use my .50 Cal Smith & Wesson handgun for rabbitt hunting :yes: YYYYEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAWWWWWW!

Wasn't meant as a sweeping generalisation Lee..... just appears to be that whenever you see really stupid shooting on youtube it tends to be done by Americans... tonights entry... White Tail at 1,100 yards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hmm:

The size of the round doesnt bother me (if its pest control they dont really care about meat damage do they) and i beleive that is BASC's stance aswell as they have said before its not the calibre itself thats inheirently dangerous and theirs no such thing as too much gun its all about how its used.

A 50 cal requires a decent backstop as it can penetrate an unbeleivable amount of material before it stops (thats why the army use them to destroy vehicles or as "anti material" as they like to say) any rifle (centre or rimfire) into a wood with no visible backstop is appaling, a large calibre that could go through several trees even if it did hit them and still keep going is just plane ludicrous they dont belong near a gun based on that video its at times like this i sympathise with that make getting a gun so difficult over here we have the most densely populated nation in europe just imagine what a couple of those nutcases could do...