Baiting Rats

Weihrauch

i use cat food,fishy type,or just cooked rice,try to liquidise your baits,so they cant run of with it.

i use pnut butter sometimes,works a treat,and if you can get your hands on some food flavourings,just sprinckle the food flavouring around your bait,make sure it smells really strong and sweat,they will be out.another good tip is to get a tin of catfood,and drill holes in the can,(lets all the juicy strong smells out) and place the can with about 10 holes in were your bait station is,this way they cant pull the can away,and it drives them mad.give horse feed a try too.all these work very well for me and ive shot many rats this way,hope this helps.

atb lee... :devil:

Hello all, new poster here. I have been shooting rats for a number of years now, with an air rifle. And i find putting fruit in a few pairs of womens tights does the job. I know its sounds funny but it really does work, apples, pears any thing. just stuff the tights with the fruit overlap the layers of material a few times and you will find that, whence put out for bait the rat or rats have to chew through the layers of material to get at the good stuff inside. Hence stopping them for a few moments to take the shot and knock one of those scurvy rodents off its perch.

Try it out, it really does work. Happy shooting