Electrical question.

I have a rotary that spins anti clockwise.

I use it with different arms that have to spin clockwise, due to the angle of the dead bird fittings on the ends.

This can be achieved when going direct to the rotary from the battery, by putting the red on the blue and vice versa.

The problem comes when I try to introduce a speed controller.

I am getting fed up with blowing (hard to get) fuses trying, is there a wiring formula that will work, or does the introduction of the speed controller prevent this ?

I use it with different arms that have to spin clockwise, due to the angle of the dead bird fittings on the ends.

This can be achieved when going direct to the rotary from the battery, by putting the red on the blue and vice versa.

I am getting fed up with blowing (hard to get) fuses trying, is there a wiring formula that will work, or does the introduction of the speed controller prevent this ?

You shouldn't swap the wires to the controller, it could (or did) damage it, but if you swap the wires from the controller to the rotary, I would expect it to work. Hope this helps

Cheers

Malcolm

Edited by malcolm

Cranfield, I don't want to state the obvious here, but when you reverse the wires with the speed controller on, you should be reversing the wires from the speed controller to the magnet, not the wires between the battery and the speed controller!!

Hope this helps.....

The suggestion made does work and I appreciate the help. :oops:

Cosd, I appreciate the solution might have been obvious, but due to some dodgy fuses all previous trials were "corrupted", having got hold of a couple of fuses I wanted to make sure I had it right, before risking my precious fuses.

no wont change owt only thing that turns a motor opp way is if it was 230 /415 volt(3 phase)

Why is that then? The 12v motor in my fuel bowser turns in reverse if I put the cables on the wrong terminals, it sucks instead of pumps.

no wont change owt only thing that turns a motor opp way is if it was 230 /415 volt(3 phase)

You are confusing AC motors and DC motors. Pigeon magnets will have a normal 12vdc motor, most of which will indeed turn the opposite way when poles are reversed.

Hi All,

Goto www.farnell.co.uk, this is the part no 1596628 ... I get alot of electronic components from them. I just logged into my account and ordered ten of these and it was £1.80 including postage. You will need to setup an account which is very simple.

Hope this helps......Regards Nick