Soldiers

noodly

and i thought sterling lines had closed down.... :P:P

Did some time in the local team... D&Ds..had to come out with dodgy lungs..... well so the RAF said :oops:

problem these days is..too much written about special forces..

everyone wants to be one,

everyone was one ...

everyone knows one .. Stop reading all them books :good::good::good:

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've a mate who especially after a few beers loves recounting his experiences in the falklands conflict, trouble is by the time it was all over he would have been just over 14 years old.

I was one of the guys maybe known to some of you as drop shorts,right coloured hat but never really accepted till they actually need me.

The only theatre I was ever involved in was Op-Granby as a reservist CMT and spent the majority of my time under terminal 5 of King Khaled airport in Riyadh.

However I take great pleasure in dropping my mate in it and wait till everybody is transfixed about how he engaged a Pukara with a milan.

Mike...

I've a mate who especially after a few beers loves recounting his experiences in the falklands conflict, trouble is by the time it was all over he would have been just over 14 years old.

I was one of the guys maybe known to some of you as drop shorts,right coloured hat but never really accepted till they actually need me.

The only theatre I was ever involved in was Op-Granby as a reservist CMT and spent the majority of my time under terminal 5 of King Khaled airport in Riyadh.

However I take great pleasure in dropping my mate in it and wait till everybody is transfixed about how he engaged a Pukara with a milan.

Mike...

drop shorts had a few m8s in mortars i was anti tanks (MILAN) wot a weapon

Yeah me Lee.

Bofors.jpg

rapier.jpg

HJ.jpg

That 40/70 brings back memories ! Served my time in 16 Light air defence regt,based in Soest Germany. We then came back to lincolnshire to convert to Rapier missiles and the regiment was never the same again !

8 years 17 days and an early breakfast then out in the big wide world again ;)

(unless I have had a drink ), Then its EX special forces,SAS etc etc ,Not forgetting of course that the Rambo films were based on my military life !! Honest Its True !!!!

Nearest i came to doldoing service was the ATC in School, my brother was the military one in our brood and he's not around anymore!! My upmost respect goes out to all that are serving!! I happened to be talking to a mate the other day and his son (19 year old) has just gone to afghanistan, scary stuff when i was 19 all that i had to worry about was when i was getting my whole again!!

Its strange how people lie about being or having done these things. I have two goods friends who were both in the Royal Marines in the second invasion of Iraq. One left due to a back injury, the other left but went into private security. Neither boast or talk to much about being a marine, they do keep the pride of being a marine though. The thing that gets me is one of their friends and an occasional drinking partner of mine is in the special forces, I only found this out the other day as I knew he was in the forces but as he never once really talked about anything army related or what he was upto (apart from going away alot). His girlfriend is a great girl but she has never mentioned anything before, discrettion is they key I guess. I think its the people who talk about it you need to think twice about.

Good job and good luck to all our boys out and about around the world.

That 40/70 brings back memories ! Served my time in 16 Light air defence regt,based in Soest Germany. We then came back to lincolnshire to convert to Rapier missiles and the regiment was never the same again !

8 years 17 days and an early breakfast then out in the big wide world again ;)

(unless I have had a drink ), Then its EX special forces,SAS etc etc ,Not forgetting of course that the Rambo films were based on my military life !! Honest Its True !!!!

Went from 50 Missile in Menden to 22 Regt in Dortmund then to Kirton (You took over from us) and back to Dortmund. Weren't you lot invited not to return to Kirton?

Kirton ,was a disaster for the regiment !

Trying to teach all the old dogs new tricks with rapier just turned it on its head and a lot of my mates just left .

I stuck it for a while and then I left too .

I dont know about " invited not to return " lol. but most of the guys didnt rate kirton very much at all. I would have sooner stayed in Germany !

When did Lee come back? Never mind, good to see you posting again mate. It's been too long.

As for myself, just a STAB with no exciting stories, although the drinking I did with my unit at the weekend was quite heroic...

When did Lee come back? Never mind, good to see you posting again mate. It's been too long.

As for myself, just a STAB with no exciting stories, although the drinking I did with my unit at the weekend was quite heroic...

Thank you sir :good:

although the drinking I did with my unit at the weekend was quite heroic...

Any of the mandatory drinking sessions and grot contests? I could do it then but the thought of mixing liquid soap, puke and urine turns my stomach now. We beat a touring Welsh rugby team at it once. They were sooooo impressed although for the life of me now I can't see why :lol::good:

You may not like it mods, but the fact is, it's a fact. It happens. Just like getting it wrong on exercise in winter and pooping in your parka hood. :lol:

No grot, that would be conduct unbecoming. Just port. Lots of port. Luckily the CFT cleared my head. Nothing like an 8 mile walk in the sun with a PTI to shake out the cobwebs.

Oh no, not a Mess Rugby player? :good: Sounds like maybe you were a Rupert with the conduct unbecoming bit?