Which 17 hmr

zipdog

The trigger on the HW60J is far better than any of the competition.

It a beautiful looking piece of kit as well.

Not cheap though - SS asked me how much i paid for CZ, so i dug out the receipt, it was the last stock before the prices went silly - £295 new!

The HW60j is a nice looking rifle, far better looking in my opinion than the others, the trigger,s are one of the best there out there off the shelf.

whether they shoot well or not i dont know, i cant see them not with wheirauch's history. I looked at one for some time and instead a went for the ruger 77/17, it took a fair bit of playing with to get it to shoot near a good as others, CZ and a Sako. but after a session floating the barrel and a trigger kit it did improve.

It all depends if you want to be different really and have a few extra £ spare.

I have a weihrauch HW60J .22lr and it is a brilliant little rifle at 25metres it is as accurate as my pals BSA MkV target rifle and the trigger can be easily self adjusted to very light pulls, have shot hundreds of rabbits & crows with it and is far better made than my CZ 17HMR American. Great after sales from weihrauch, shame they only go up to .222 a .223 would be just the job for foxing. Downside is parts expensive esp 10 rd mags. I wouldnt swap mine :oops::P

When I was looking I was tempted for the 60J nothing wrong with them built to last good trigger but then I shot a Annie 1517 that was the one for me bought a standard one and just making a thumbhole stock , they will shoot the same but well happy with mine at 100 yards I put 5 shots within a 5 pence probly wont do that again.

Going by the reacent CZ prices I'd strongly consider the Weihrauch ;)

£625 is the cheapest new on guntrader compared to £320 for the cheapest new CZ on there, a few quid on a trigger kit and you'll have a rifle that wont be out performed, although I must conceed the german is by far the prettier option theres a lot of money saved to put towards optics.

£625 is the cheapest new on guntrader compared to £320 for the cheapest new CZ on there, a few quid on a trigger kit and you'll have a rifle that wont be out performed, although I must conceed the german is by far the prettier option theres a lot of money saved to put towards optics.

Very good point Adam.

I paid £550 for mine about two months ago, at Sportsman, so it stacked up well against the price of a CZ if you take into account the price of getting the trigger sweetened on the CZ.

I'm very happy with mine. It's well made and ridiculously accurate up to and over 200 metres. Once I got my range in, I was knocking down bunnies at distances I didn't think were possible with a rimfire. I can get an inch grouping with five rounds at 125 metres, and that's without trying particularly hard.

The only drawback with the HW60 is the mag capacity - it's 4 rounds or nothing. You can't buy a larger capacity mag, AFAIK.

Another thing just thought,,,

The front site has to be taken off to be able to fit a mod..

But if i was to buy another it would be a HW60j for definate

Mine came factory screwcut for a mod as standard.

i have a cz hmr and a 60 in lr.the cz comes nowhere near in quality.i`d ask myself if i want a working gun or a quality gun.i`d hate to scratch my 60 whereas the cz i would n`t worry.

That's true, actually. I looked long and hard at the CZ silhouette for that reason. I wouldn't worry too much about scratching that up, chucking it over fences and the like, but in the end it was the price difference vs quality issue that made up my mind.

Edited by Renfield

I was being advised to get a cz, but i went with the Anschutz 1517, in my opinion a far superior rifle, and feels so good to hold, a very good choice i made, twice the money than a CZ. Glad i didnt go for a cz in the long run, not knocking it though, everyone to their own.

but you could get a mint 2nd hand weihrauch for not much more than the CZ :good: and as people say there is a big difference in quality between the two,(although there is nothing wrong with the CZ once the trigger is tweaked).

;)

At that price same price as my 1517 annie I know which one I would buy ,