Live band recommendations for charity ball

Raja Clavata

Dear All,

So it has fallen at my feet to arrange various aspects of a charity ball (black tie do) early next year, one of which is picking a live band for the event.

The band needs to appeal, or at least be acceptable, to a broad spectrum of tastes ranging from people in the mid 30’s to mid 80’s age group.

The event will be in Essex; is anyone able to make any sensible suggestions or recommendations based on the above criteria?

Many thanks in advance

Raja

Dear All,

So it has fallen at my feet to arrange various aspects of a charity ball (black tie do) early next year, one of which is picking a live band for the event.

The band needs to appeal, or at least be acceptable, to a broad spectrum of tastes ranging from people in the mid 30’s to mid 80’s age group.

The event will be in Essex; is anyone able to make any sensible suggestions or recommendations based on the above criteria?

Many thanks in advance

Raja

Cherry Poppin' Daddies - I'll bet they've never been to Essex.

:angry:

LS

er, if you can afford them...

Dear All,

Many thanks in advance

Raja

YES -

http://www.dianemooresings.co.uk/

and

http://www.daryll-king.co.uk/Daryll_King/Welcome.html

Both these singers come from an agency that supplied a singer for a ball that I organised.

Diane was the singer at my mums 60th too. She was very personable and sung something for everyone.

Daryll King used to sing quite often in Hollands Wine Bar in Shenfield. He does a blinding Neil Diamond. :angry:

Good luck

http://www.thepoachersband.co.uk/

just right, been playing for 40+ years

I know some of the band personally, they play for our chariity do's and many others .

M.

Christ Mike are you sure?

I know all of the band personally and they are fine as long as the venue you are planning to use has a building next door that you can put them in. By god are they loud, which I suppose is a direct result of playing for 40 years and going deaf.

Although I am sure they did a comeback gig around 1987ish so not quite 40 years.

They have been playing in one form or another for 45 years, we organised their 40th Anniversary bash at Waldegraves for a Rotary charity fund raiser the other year.

as for Loud, they play to whatever the limits are,.

they played for us the other Satruday up at the vineyard, wasn't that loud, and I didn't have my earplugs in.

anyway they need all the practice they can get, as they( Eric) still has to read the words of the songs. :-)

M.

They have been playing in one form or another for 45 years, we organised their 40th Anniversary bash at Waldegraves for a Rotary charity fund raiser the other year.

as for Loud, they play to whatever the limits are,.

they played for us the other Satruday up at the vineyard, wasn't that loud, and I didn't have my earplugs in.

anyway they need all the practice they can get, as they( Eric) still has to read the words of the songs. :-)

M.

I could hear that in my back garden, I did wonder whereabouts they were making a row, now I know.