New gun

Dave-G

:D Here she is at long last :D

I found lugging my s410 around for 5 or 6 hours seriously knackering - So I got what must be about the lightest 10/22 there is

It's 90cm long and allegedly weighs about three and a quater pounds (I dont have scales to confirm that)

:D The weather report looks like I'll get to zero it in tommorow :D

post-11-1133593838.jpg

Edited by Dave-G

stuart

My brother has one - and I have to say it spoilt me so much that airgunning left me feeling a bit underwhelmed untill I adjusted to it. now I intend to get an FAC air as well - possibly swapping my s410 for one

Being a bit of a nightowl I frequently have a dusk till late - or early hours till past dawn trek. This weight reduction will help my old bones no end

But more importantly, with the experience gained from 12lb airgunning, I find I can easily get get to within 60 yards or of them wabbits - it was the last 20 feet that often eluded me - so I will have an almost flat trajectory to allow for minor missjudgements of distance up to about 75 yards or so, and know that a hold over will reach further if they become suspicious

Nice gun there Dave and it looks like a simmons pro-air mounted on it :D

If that remmington ammo you have there is consistant i'll be surprised but don't despair if it is'nt.

Winchester or Eley are the most popular ammo in HP's for the 10 / 22s

Any probs mate PM me .............I have 4 years experience on the 10/22

Ive

Do you have to wash ammo that has a waxy coating like Winchesters for 10/22's?

Or are you better off using hypers?

I have never owned one, I prefer bolt actions, nice and simple..

There is a school of thought that states the build up of wax in the rifling actually improves accuracy .

Quote from the lilja web site.......

Match quality bullets have a wax coating on them that aids accuracy. It may take 10-50 shots to "lay" a good coating of it down in the barrel and using solvents will only remove this desirable wax coating.

The 10/22 works faultlessy with HV ammo due to more power in the recoil .......Subsonic do create a few niggles but if the powder charges are'nt consistant a 10/22 finds them out ...........Something a bolt action can't do :D

Ive

i dont think anyone is saying that the build up of 'wax' in the barrel is a bad thing (personally i think a rimfire only gets into its stride after 50 fouling shots) however in a good few 10-22's ive seen them slowly get full of sticky wax, and then attract dirt, and then slow the cycle speed, and start short cycling the action.

supersonics do cycle better, but its uncommon to find a supersonic that shoots as well as a subsonic

:D Point taken about the choice of ammo. Eley are the recommended brand - but my local gunshop don't stock them (kibworth gun club) :D

I spose it's against the rules to get them mailed from somewhere else?

stuartp - I just re-read your post ( :*) it's a dyslexia thing :*) )

Yes mate there is apparently a small bore lining - reinforced with carbon bracing. I read somewhere that the liner is frozen to shrink it prior to fitting.

Edited by Dave-G

Deadeye - :D I'd lurve to know exactly which simmons it is, alas it was supplied on a preloved gun and there is no model name or type on it :*)

:D Thanks for the offer of help if I get stuck :D

:D I'm off to zero it in shortly :D

Edited by Dave-G

Looking farward to the results mate. :lol:

As it happens, i was on my local peat bog this morning with my .223 and a cross wind, along with the odd shower :D . Amazingly, managed half inch at a 100yds. :D Moved up to 200 and got inside an inch :D , lovely chubly :D .

I think the KG 12 stuff i got is working excellent with the copper removale when cleaning it. :D

Whats "Sticky wax" :D:D:D

Wax isn't sticky its slippery, that's is job, not to be "sticky"

Jonno

maybe wax was not the right description, but the substance on the eley ammo does attract dirt and is sticky, hense why after handeling it for a day your fingers are sticky and get covered in grit.

anything which can hold dirt will not generally help a 10-22 function (or most 22lr semis for that matter)

jonno - "If that remmington ammo you have there is consistant i'll be surprised but don't despair if it is'nt."

Hmm - I put 100 rounds through it, windage came in nicely, but I cant get the elevation anything like consistant - 4~6" @ 80yds. Rain stopped play

I'd made a multi point target out of a pallet, and put another larger one resting at an angle behind it, with the target one leaning towards me so that any ricochet would be more likely to go to ground

:D The target pallet had 13mm planks (moved together to close the gaps), The supporting pallet had 15mm planks = most of the bullets went through both,good job I also had a backstop. :D

None of them failed to cycle - although the magazine took a lot of getting out most times - very fiddely.

The bolt handle seems larger than my brothers - which might explain why it seems to recoil more than his? He uses eley rounds by the way

I feed the 10/22 CCI velocitor most of the time if I can. Supply permitting an money in pocket :D

100% guaranteed cycle and very acurate in the 10/22

I bought 1000 winchesters for a play about on a 25m range. These cycled ok, ejection jam about every 100, so gives about 1% failure which isn't bad I suppose

Jonno

Deadeye - :D I'd lurve to know exactly which simmons it is, alas it was supplied on a preloved gun and there is no model

Dave

Simmons Pro-Air 6-18x40 AOMatte w/ Tgt Turrets Telescopic Sight ( Scope )

SIM21619-

1) Amber fully coated optics for clear bright images

2) Adjustable objective for parallax corrected focussing at airgun ranges and optimum reticle /image focus

3) Waterproof, shockproof and fogproof

4) Target BDC turrets for ease of adjustment and repeatability

The 6-18 x 40 is ideal for long range air rifle target shooting

................................................................................

It should have Pro-air on it somewhere mate but it sure as hell looks like mine .I have 2 incidentley.

Your vertical stringing is down to inconsistant powder loads .........The remmy stuff I tried was awful ........Some went off with a ballistic crack and some went pop and did'nt make 100m :D

Ive

Any of you boys tried or use Yellow Jackets?

I was given a box to play with at the range (I always use subs for hunting) and though they were pretty good, for me they fire about 2 dots above Winchesters at 100 yards so they are certainly a lot flatter shooting - I would have thought they would be good semi-auto round though?