summer bisley meeting

dunganick

yeh, that was my intention

i have only once shot past 200 yards, so i was just intrested in the longer ranges, but if this does not reflect the majority then im quite happy to do what ever.

by all means if you dont have a rifle come along, you will be able to find something to have a pop with, and can finally put faces to usernames.

so would long and short siberia (100 and 200yards) appeal more to most members?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what are peoples views?

Nick

It's very good that you have offered to this and I for one take my hat off to you :)

The date I take is set in stone ...........Just orginise some rifle and Clay shooting Mate and keep it simple because we'll all have different views and you won't know where you are ..............I speak from experience ............It's best to have an agenda ..You decide and stick to it ... i'm sure folks will be happy with it.

If i'm honest .....I'm coming down to meet lads off this Forum and swap stories face to face over a Drink.............The fact we'll be shooting together will be an added bonus :)

Looking fforward to it :(

Ive

okay, in which case....

how does 2 lanes on 100 yards in the morning, followed by clays after lunch, and then for the remainder of the afternoon a bit of long siberia (200yards) 1 or 2 lanes, depends on numbers intrested.

people who have said they are intrested;

-dunganick

-dunganick' dad

-LB

-stuartp

-flash

-flash's dad

-sussex lad

-martinCavie

-country est

-axe (if he can make it)

-Seargant Bang

-BlackThorn

-deadeye ive

-wookie

-teal

-Lamber

-Lambers friend Mat

Browning GTS

apbuild

please confirm with me over PM if you can make it assuming i can book the 5th of Aug, if you can then i will mark it on this list green name indicates you have contacted me and can make it if i can book the 5th of Aug.

i will ask for deposits to be sent around the 15th of jan (once i have made the booking) they will be £10 for the whole day

Edited by dunganick

its a tough one mate, i think im going to have to say that you can sign up and pay a deposit, if you can make it thats great, if you cant then im affraid i think you would loose your deposit.

im not trying to tread on anyones toes here, but ive got to keep it fair

i realise its not that your going to pull out at the last moment (what the deposit is trying to stop) its that you dont know untill shortly before if you can make it, and have let us know.

any suggestions how to overcome this problem will be more than welcome :)

its a tough one mate, i think im going to have to say that you can sign up and pay a deposit, if you can make it thats great, if you cant then im affraid i think you would loose your deposit.

im not trying to tread on anyones toes here, but ive got to keep it fair

i realise its not that your going to pull out at the last moment (what the deposit is trying to stop) its that you dont know untill shortly before if you can make it, and have let us know.

any suggestions how to overcome this problem will be more than welcome :)

Take the numbers you want for the day then have a reserve list to step in if anyone cannot make it at last minute.

Get the dosh in Nick and then as Hawkeye says if people drop out, and are good enough to tell you they are dropping out in advance you should be able to fill the empty slots, if not you have lost any money that is the main thing.

I may be able to bring a couple of mates along, but I haven't mentioned anything to them yet as it so far off, so they are the sort of people that could be used to mop up if required..

okay, i will get my mum to ring up and check avalibility, if it is avalible i will take a gamble and book a range on both short and long siberia for the day (so 4 lanes in total, this can always be increased)

once i have made sure the date is booked i will PM the people who have PM'd me,( to confirm their attendance - apear green on the list), my home address, the amount i will ask for as a deposit will be £10.

once money has been recieved i will make sure to post it on the forum.

okay, i have checked avalibility, and the ranges are completely free on the 5th Aug and the clay ground is also completely free

however i believe the price of 100 clays has gone up, they are now saying its £44! where as last time i was sure it was only £35. They would work it in groups of 4 or 5 dependant on numbers, taking each group around for 1 hour then taking another group. (so for 20 people we would be split into 4 groups over a period of 4 hours)

if you are not willing to pay this price please could you let me know, becuase i will book it for less people.

but i believe the ranges will remain around £52 per lane for a whole day. so £104 for 2 lanes for the whole day. and that split by 20 is £5.20 each.

so i would return you £4.80 of your deposit on arrival, the rest of which i would use to pay for ranges. (unless someone particually objects to paying for something they are not intending to use)

so for now i will book 20 people for the clay shoot. which i will organise to happen over the morning and afternoon. but not lunch, so we get a chance to natter.

the ranges i will book 2 lanes for the whole day, one on 100yards, the other on 200yards

the price will be £44 for 100 clays (unless i find out ive worked it out wrong) and £5.20 for the ranges, (paid through deposit of £10 of which £4.80 will be returned when you arrive.)

okay, we might have hit a bit of a snag, the clay ground who i just tried to book a session with for 20 people, (who apparently can actually shoot over the space of 2 hours with 4 groups, but at the same time.) want a 40% deposit. and for 20 people, paying £44 each, is one hell of a alot of money.

now i dont know if i can actually expect you to send me this amount of money to make a deposit. and i cant confirm the booking untill i pay the deposit. the options are either;

you all send me %40 of £44 and i pay them in cash

i get them to set up some kind of an account, so you all send them the money, letting them know that you are paying your deposit for Nick Dungan's shoot, on the 5th Aug.. i need to check they can do this.

or....well i dont know, im open to suggestions.

im going to hold off booking the ranges untill i decide what to do about this.

your thoughts please.

Im not sure they would want to manage this for you Nick. But for future events where money is needed up front, you might consider getting a PayPal account setup. That way people can transfer money in to you online. Mind you, the members will need PayPal as well.

Worth a thought anyway?

Nick,

I think 44 quid for 100 clays, no matter how good they are is a lot of money, West Wycombe is less than that and I thought they were the most expensive in the land :D It is a pity as I was looking forward to that bit.

So, personally, I would rather just go with just the ranges as I feel it will be a bit more of a social do and have a go day any way.

Thats my 2 cents...

okay thanks stuart p

it is alot of money, although if you ask LB it is more than 100 clays, and im not sure why the price has gone up.

but if i get the opinions of a few more members we can make a decision.

Axe, my concern is that people would be sending me alot of money, and i would perosnally think twice about sending someone i had never met these kind of sums of money (but then im just tight :D )

anyone elses thoughts would be very much appreciated

i dont think i will be interested in the clay pigeon any more but i may be able to take a few people on a local clay shoot for £20 for 100(but only three or four people as they wouldnt like it if i took a crowd) me and my dad would definately but up for the rifle shooting but it depends if my mum is okay by then.

flash

coincidently i have just received the CPSA starter pack and it has the price list for the clay range in it

is the range we would use the bisley sporting clay or is it the NSC clay range

if it is the NSC it should only be £22 for 100 clays.

ps the clay shoot i could take people on is £5 for 25 clays AND cartidges(bl**dy cheap)

but very limited numbers to take.

the nsc is at bisley and uses the commonwealth games facility.

this is the website for NSC

if it is on a sunday some could go to NSC and i could take some people to the other one with my dad. the other one is more of a sporting clay shoot with some challenging birds.

flash

okay, today i booked short and long siberia (100 and 200 yards) 1 lane on each for the whole day.

as i booked it through the BASC because im not a NRA member, i was asked to confirm that everyone who would be shooting would be covered by some form of shooting insurance and kind as long as its 3rd party.

the cost of this on the day will be £104 for the 2 lanes AM and PM (£52 per lane)

this will be paid for through your deposit of £10, of which i will return £4.80 (if 20 people attend), if you turn up on the day.

so the date is confirmed, i must enphisise the need for insurance, as the BASC are organising it, so the finger points at them if a shooter has no insurance.

so now i need 20 people at least to confirm their attendance (by PM'ing me confirming)

if we get more people the price per person will come down acordingly.

i still need to get more peoples opinions on clays, £44 is alot of money, and a deposit of 40% of £800+ is required. your thoughts please.

people who have said they are intrested;

-dunganick

-dunganick' dad

-LB

-stuartp

-flash

-flash's dad

-sussex lad

-martinCavie

-country est

-axe (if he can make it)

-Seargant Bang

-BlackThorn

-deadeye ive

-wookie

-teal

-Lamber

-Lambers friend Mat

-Browning GTS

-apbuild

please confirm with me over PM if you can make it assuming i can book the 5th of Aug, if you can then i will mark it on this list                green name indicates you have contacted me and can make it if i can book the 5th of Aug.

i will ask for deposits to be sent around the 15th of jan (once i have made the booking) they will be £10 for the whole day

the up to date list

if your name isnt green please let me know if you are intrested or not.

i will be sending out details for the deposit shortly.

Edited by dunganick

i still need to get more peoples opinions on clays, £44 is alot of money, and a deposit of 40% of £800+ is required. your thoughts please.

Nick

The Clays is a ridiculous price mate at 44p each................The top venue around here Doveridge charge 22p and they host the championships :(

Shame really as i was looking forward to missing a few but at that price I might end up hanging from the light flex :D

However I'll go with the flow on this one as it is an opportunity to put faces to names and indulge in some proper mickey taking :(

Can someone please explain to me what a Long Siberia is ..................I thought it was a exotic cocktail :lol::/

Ive