Crap Cod season!

rushy lad

Lurcherboy,

I used to beach fish Dungie / Dengemarsh back in the 80's when there were still a few fish left to catch.

My best session was 3 cod, 18lb, 15lb & 12lb, all caught within a half hour stretch at the top of the tide.

On most nights with a favourable tide, the Chinese tilleys were literally shoulder to shoulder, and if anybody got into a cod, it crossed about 20 other lines..!!

I remember back in 84..??, we had really cold spell, the rod rings were icing up, the shingle froze, and all of the small whiting that we caught were frozen solid within the hour....we must have been mad..!!

Is it still like that, or have most people like me found better things to do with their time..??

Catamong.

Lurcherboy,

I used to beach fish Dungie / Dengemarsh back in the 80's when there were still a few fish left to catch.

My best session was 3 cod, 18lb, 15lb & 12lb, all caught within a half hour stretch at the top of the tide.

On most nights with a favourable tide, the Chinese tilleys were literally shoulder to shoulder, and if anybody got into a cod, it crossed about 20 other lines..!!

I remember back in 84..??, we had really cold spell, the rod rings were icing up, the shingle froze, and all of the small whiting that we caught were frozen solid within the hour....we must have been mad..!!

Is it still like that, or have most people like me found better things to do with their time..??

Catamong.

LMAO Cat.

They are having them at the west side of the tip. My mate has done a few good bag of the low teens that went straight to the chippies. Can be bloody cold there at times though, but a few snorts at the flask seems to get them through the night. Personaly, I don't fish on the shore as I believe it's a caveman sport, but each to their own :lol:

The boats are doing well if they know the marks, but there are lots of idiots landing undersize, they will ruin it for everyone eventually :<

LB

A 27lb cod has come from the beach at Dungeness in the last week and a 21lb cod from an "undisclosed Kent location", but believed to be Dengemarsh.

There are also a lot of goodsized 2-3lb channel whiting about this year.

Biggest and most fish are coming on the night tides (no surprise), especially after a blow.

You dont have to tell me about tackle catching the fisherman pavman , been doin it for too long now to be caught up in all that hype! Used to get well and truly caught in my youth though , always buying the new stuff that came out etc,

I still have and use my old abu 7000 reel, It must be 18 years old now and works and looks like new!

Rushy.