My Old Girl Fully Loaded

lampa

I know what you mean. The last m.o.t my old 2.8 tdx failed badly on both sills so had to get rid. Its currently sorned and used by a mate to transport targets about at his bow shooting club so its at least getting used still. Ive now owned a '03' td5 discovery for over a year but part of me still misses that old fourtrack! It was awesome in the mud and i took it places i wouldnt like to take the td5.

I have a horrible feeling my fourtrak will be another rusty sills victim come MOT time :hmm:

ZB

they're not an MOT failure on rotten cills as they have a seperate chasis(or so my mechanic tells me).but however i've had mine cut out and had some rock slider's welded on.i'll get some picture's on when it's finished :blink:

I was going to add that, the sills aren't structural so they shouldn't fail on them, I miss mine and the associated rust like a hole in the head. Nice truck till the tin worm started but not overly economical and hard to shoot from, kept going well though

• 1 month later...
they're not an MOT failure on rotten cills as they have a seperate chasis(or so my mechanic tells me).but however i've had mine cut out and had some rock slider's welded on.i'll get some picture's on when it's finished :good:

I've only just seen this reply. That is very encouraging to hear - I would love to see the pics once you get them.

How much did the rock sliders cost you?

I too miss my old fourtrak. It was a fantastic little truck.

It too had some welding on a sill once, and a bit on the chassis at the back. Although unfortunately for me the engine went. Although the chap who bought it from me had a good engine ready to go in, and I hope that it is still going strong.

the little truck towed many a loaded trailer and a number of trees that we'd taken down. It even pulled the odd tree down with just a snatchblock to keep the truck away from the falling tree.