custom paint job on my stock

bicykillgaz

hi guys,

i was gonna wait till i got the stock and stuff back but i can wait, i sent my stock and extras off to ryan (toolazydecoy) and i'm really pleased i did, i sent the stock off on friday and got a message to say he'd received the package, then got an update +picture of the stock when it had been sanded then again when it was primered, he's kept me up to date every step of the way.

i'm really pleased with the latest pics and can't wait to get it all back, if your considering getting your stock done i'd definately pm ryan, genuinely nice lad with a real talent :yes:

cheers ryan can't wait for the next update :)

i'll put some more pics up of the finished article when i get it back and put it back together, cheers again mate keep up the good work :good:

post-18953-1277050536.jpg

post-18953-1277050558.jpg

post-18953-1277050574.jpg

post-18953-1277050590.jpg

post-18953-1277050612.jpg

Edited by bicykillgaz

Has anybody used or any experience with the camo dipping process?

why pay the prices when you can get this sort of finish and help a young budding artist in the process, dipping costs about £200 ryan's a damn site cheaper and i actually prefere the look of this :yes:

hey all:D

id just like to say thanks gary for starting this thread and for trusting me with your stuff!!! its not finished yet but i can guarentee your going to love it!! :yes:

i sand off the original varnish, spray it, then lacquere it 4 - 5 times, and it costs 50 notes :)

stay tuned for more pictures!!

ATB

hey all:D

id just like to say thanks gary for starting this thread and for trusting me with your stuff!!! its not finished yet but i can guarentee your going to love it!! :yes:

i sand off the original varnish, spray it, then lacquere it 4 - 5 times, and it costs 50 notes :good:

stay tuned for more pictures!!

ATB

it looks good. And for £50 quid it's tempting :)

I agree its a great job, I was only asking as i'd been watching the process on the internet and was quite amazed by it, and you can buy the gear and do it yourself.

i've never seen the process mate but always wanted the more natural effrct,

i can't wait to get it all back, hopefully you will get a few more orders from this, i've ordered a new realtree sling to finish it off just need the mod doing now and bi-pod when i get another.

to the enlightened people on here is it legal for me to post my mod to ryan to have it painted? as it has been on my .22lr, i don't think it is but just want to check as if i can i will.

I'm impressed by the paint job, and very impressed by the price...... I'd be curious to know what the durability is like. I intend to paint the synthetic stock on my remmy, but having priced the airbrush and the paint (duracoat) have kinda shelved the idea for now...... but this.........this has potential

thanks very much gob :)

on durability, i painted the same effect on my cz about a month ago and its holding very well, i try and make sure theres pleant of lacquere on it to protect it.

ATB

Ryan

Hmmm…………. Lots of lacquer scares me a bit, don’t wanna be trying to hold an eel in the rain, my Remmy stock although a horrendously light eye catching colour has got a nice textured and grippy feel to it. But then I guess painting it, is going to smooth a lot of that away anyway :yes:

i've never seen the process mate but always wanted the more natural effrct,

i can't wait to get it all back, hopefully you will get a few more orders from this, i've ordered a new realtree sling to finish it off just need the mod doing now and bi-pod when i get another.

to the enlightened people on here is it legal for me to post my mod to ryan to have it painted? as it has been on my .22lr, i don't think it is but just want to check as if i can i will.

If its legal you can post it to me (ryans dad). I'm a ticket holder if that helps, he can then paint it round at mine. Just a thought.

Malc

If its legal you can post it to me (ryans dad). I'm a ticket holder if that helps, he can then paint it round at mine. Just a thought.

Malc

hi malc,

cheers for the offer mate, i'm still waiting to find out the legal side of things i was considering ust buying a new mod and sending it to be done then swapping it with the one on my rifle and getting an rfd to despose of the old one, i'll have to wait and see what funds are left when all the bills have gone out!

cheers