Changing from a Beretta 686 silver pigeon S

Salop Matt

I currently have a 28" beretta 686 silver pigeon S which I bought new about 18 months ago. I opted for a 28" gun for using in the hide and rough shooting but since have picked up my FAC and now lamp and shoot with my rimmys. SO my shotgun is only getting out for clays and 1 beaters day a year so am looking to sell my silver pig and buy something in 30" thats more clay orientated ! or swap it with some one

But what would people recomend to change to ?

What Iv seen and liked so far is a Beretta 686 white onix and a Miruku MK38 !

For the clays I really personally prefer 30" barrels and the wider rib, I never used to but of late picking them up am likeing them alot more now and fancy seeing how I get on with one !

Why not ? after all while my pig is still had little use and is in great condition nows the best time to change with its value !

I currently have a 28" beretta 686 silver pigeon S which I bought new about 18 months ago. I opted for a 28" gun for using in the hide and rough shooting but since have picked up my FAC and now lamp and shoot with my rimmys. SO my shotgun is only getting out for clays and 1 beaters day a year so am looking to sell my silver pig and buy something in 30" thats more clay orientated ! or swap it with some one

But what would people recomend to change to ?

What Iv seen and liked so far is a Beretta 686 white onix and a Miruku MK38 !

see if you can have a try of both in a 30",both damm good guns but one will fit you better,depends on your build,look for a multi choke or 1/4 and 5/8 ish fixed if you are looking at clays

If you like the Beretta then pretty much any of the 68x series in sporter or trap wrap and 30" barrels should meet your spec. .... and as Berties says ... try em all before you buy!

Again Miroku 70 sporter or MK38 are also worth a look too

If you like the 686 series then stick to it. If you want a clay gun in that series then have a go with the 686e.

If you try the Miroku's they are very different beasts but very good. The mk 38 can be a little heavy in the higher grades and the mk 70 has a comb that is about 4-5 mm lower than a Beretta so watch out for that as you may loose sight of the rib when your face is on the stock resulting in lifting your head off the stock and missing over the top generally. :good:

Just changed my Miroku Mk38 for a Beretta 682 Gold. Couldn't get on with the Miroku. I won't knock the Miroku it just didn't suit me. Try before you buy if you can and don't lose money like I did though in fairness Northallerton Shooting supplies were very fair with their part ex.

Alan

Hi....

you will find the Moruku will be a differant shape stock, and it will be very barrel heavy compared to the beretta .

If you already like your Silver pigeon , any of the 680 series will measure exactly the same in the stock and the barrels will be nearly the same weight so the balance will not alter..

You cuold try and pick up an older 686 quite cheep and change the barrels over, they will fit depending on the year of manufacture, some of the very old ones had a wider action.....

That way you have the best of both world.

I did the same and now have a silver pigeon 687 with 30 and 32 inch barrels with a 682 stock and forend....

:good: