Shooting foxes with a shotgun

Gene Hunt

As the title says, are you allowed to dispatch mr fox with a shotgun? I've a friend who has about 5 acres and they have spotted mr fox a couple of times now near to the chicken coops.

My friend wants to leave dealing with the fox for a couple of weeks, as it's not caused any problems, I however think he maybe underestimating mr fox.

Your expert opinions please?

Thanks,

Yep, but use bigger shot than you would pigeons, make sure you're close enough and give it both barrels regardless....

As the title says, are you allowed to dispatch mr fox with a shotgun? I've a friend who has about 5 acres and they have spotted mr fox a couple of times now near to the chicken coops.

My friend wants to leave dealing with the fox for a couple of weeks, as it's not caused any problems, I however think he maybe underestimating mr fox.

Your expert opinions please?

Thanks,

if the first barrell does the job dont waste the second one , i

or the third :good:

With a shottie just make sure they are close enough that is all there is to it, shot choice is less important than range, I've shot them with everything from 1's up to 7.5's and the 7.5 took one barrel and was very humane but at 10 yards it should be. As for running away ones aim over the top slightly and you should still take them down. I rarely use my shotgun on them unless on vermin days and where I shoot you take any shot you get as the keeper is less than pleased otherwise. But then usually its trying to pick up the wise lamp shy ones so especially important.