stalking

cocker3

went down to my shoot tonight to take the dogs for a swim in the river .i loaded the dogs and the rifle just incase got to the river at 6.30pm . to get to the river you have to drive down a track and along the back of a wood on a grass strip bordering a wheat field .i got to the river and let the pack out for a play and a swim. i walked them along the river to the far end of the field and back to the landy . when i got to the landy i dried the muts of and put them in the back as i walked to the front i saw out the corner of my eye a roe standing in the same field as me about 300yards away .the same field we had just walked along i watched it for about 20 min and it slowly made its way to me with not giving me a second glance at 150 yards it was still on a collision cousre with me and it looked a fine buck. i went into the landy and got the rifle out set it up on the bonnet and he was still heading to me bad bad move on his part at 100 yrds all i could see was his head and neck the neck was the only choice so i took the shot to a very satisfing thump and he dropped on the spot .

he was 41lb cleaned and had quite a nice rack on him

Excellent shooting mate! That Landy of yours full of soggy doggies must smell sweet! :yp: :good:;)

It's getting hard to see some things moving now that the grass is getting longer. I was out last night and "lost" a fox in the long grass. As it was I found that the scopes on my HMR had taken a bit of a knock so he was safe anyway, but he had better not push his luck too much!

Excellent shooting mate! That Landy of yours full of soggy doggies must smell sweet! :yp: :good:;)

It's getting hard to see some things moving now that the grass is getting longer. I was out last night and "lost" a fox in the long grass. As it was I found that the scopes on my HMR had taken a bit of a knock so he was safe anyway, but he had better not push his luck too much!

yeh your right frenchie it wasnt a very nice smell but thats the price you pay i suppose :good: :look: :wub: as for your fox he was a very lucky lad indeed but i am sure his days are numbered :P:D