PCP Guns

deputy dog

Does any one else think that PCP guns are totally unfair on vermin. Iv always shot spring guns along with the odd gas ram and even with their slight recoil, i was always a pretty good shot. But since i bought my first PCP Rapid 12, i'm simply blow away by the effortless accuracy and whipser quite performance of it. I haven't owned an airgun in 9yrs and when i bought this gun 2 weeks ago, i wondered how different they really would be from the old springers i was used to. I zeroed the rifle in no time and after about 15mins, i found myself putting pellet on pellet at 40yrds with it. Iv since started thinning out the local corvid population. And i must say, i think its almost unfair using these types of gun on them. Its like what ever i aim at up to 50yrds i hit with devastating accuracy with a feeling its hard to miss. No recoil what so ever and whisper quite. The poor basterds dont know i'm there till its too late and they have hit the deck. I'm super happy with what i bought even if it did cost the best part of a grand for it. And i'm very happy that i am back in the airgun scene. Its brought back a load of great memories and hopefully make a few more memorable moments for the future.

ATB

DD :good: :good:

Your right in one respect it is unfair on vermin.But vermin being vermin they need controlling and if we shooters have got great kit then who cares!Your right about Rapids they really are top of the range kit.I tend to use my Air Arms S410 Custom Shop rifle more than my Rapids really as I honestly think that it is slightly more accurate than the Rapids.

My S410 with Logun silencer and Falcon Menace scope is devastating on vermin and I love that!

What did you buy out of inerest? I find I agree with some but the fact that I know every time I pull the trigger I will more often then not hit what I am aiming at makes me more relaxed about clean kills.

I do find myself stalking much closer than I actually need too these days just to see if I still can.....

What's unfair :lol:

We used to chase our food, then throw rocks and try to hit them with clubs, made spears, traps and bows and arrows and......... :good::good:

Funny really, the kids I deal with on duty do that to each other...and old people...and disabled people...

What did you buy out of inerest? I find I agree with some but the fact that I know every time I pull the trigger I will more often then not hit what I am aiming at makes me more relaxed about clean kills.

I do find myself stalking much closer than I actually need too these days just to see if I still can.....

In my original post Maidment. A Theoben Rapid 12. Never known a make of airgun so accurate. Granted its the first one i'v ever bought. And i know there's other good makes out the as well. But i don't think i'l go far wrong with the choice i made. Simply super with accuracy. And one post was right in saying, it relaxes you knowing that 99% of what live quarry you aim at you'll hit an kill cleanly. Wish i bought one years ago now. Had more enjoyment with my new airgun, then i did with my HMR when i bought that. Amazing guns fair play.

I am a convert from spring guns to PCP's You want to make it even less fair on the vermin put a bipod on the front. First time I added a bipod to my S410 I put 20 rounds through a hole smaller than a penny at 30 yards, and it was almost effortless.

I am a convert from spring guns to PCP's You want to make it even less fair on the vermin put a bipod on the front. First time I added a bipod to my S410 I put 20 rounds through a hole smaller than a penny at 30 yards, and it was almost effortless.

What kid of bipod will fit on my gun. Its a Rapid 12. Where can i get a stud fitted for the bipod to attach itself. I'm pretty lethal now with it. Wouldn't hurt to be totally clinical with my shots.

What kid of bipod will fit on my gun. Its a Rapid 12. Where can i get a stud fitted for the bipod to attach itself. I'm pretty lethal now with it. Wouldn't hurt to be totally clinical with my shots.

There is a fitting that goes round the bottle! :good:

unfair?! if its exceptionally accurate and produces clean kills how the hell is it unfair? id say that the only unfair thing when it comes to vermin (or anything for that matter) is using an inaccurate gun that is more likely to wound than kill.

if youre missing the stalking aspect then get closer to your targets and dont wear camo :good:

:good: 100 %

Dont see how it could be described as "unfair" :lol: Only way I see it as being unfair is to shoot at vermin without your set up being deadly accurate :lol: . If you can put pellet on pellet and acheive a very good % of clean kill's that is 100% Fair. :good:

Kipper.

I still have not shot any vermin with my S410 at present but i now have access to some land with bunnies on so i am going to get the riffle checked out for pressure etc very shortly and then i will get my backside in gear and get myself a Bi pod for it.....now i have a reason to spen some money on it :good::good:

unfair?! if its exceptionally accurate and produces clean kills how the hell is it unfair? id say that the only unfair thing when it comes to vermin (or anything for that matter) is using an inaccurate gun that is more likely to wound than kill.

if youre missing the stalking aspect then get closer to your targets and dont wear camo :blush:

Ozzy what my heading ment was?. With this new pcp, i'm not missing a thing. With my old spring guns i would not take a 40yrd + shot on because of the recoil in them. Although being a very capable shot i often left them. Iv been out of the airgun scene for a good 10yrs now. And since buying this new pcp, it has given me the chance to take the shots on i would normally left, with more confidence of clean kills every time. I know people on here have been shooting pcp's for years, but i'm sort of new to these types of guns, after being away from airguning for a long period. But all them crows, pigeons rabbits etc, which would have got away from being shot at, are now being dropped like bad habits. Hence i think it being a little unfair because of the increased accuracy of the guns an my shooting. As for the stalking part of it. I'm still very adept at getting well with in range of what i want to shoot at. But i dont mind that taking the back seat if i can plug a crow or rabbit from 45yrds with out moving nothing but my trigger finger ****. ATB

DD :good::yes::lol:

Edited by deputy dog

Ozzy what my heading ment was?. With this new pcp, i'm not missing a thing. With my old spring guns i would not take a 40yrd + shot on because of the recoil in them. Although being a very capable shot i often left them. Iv been out of the airgun scene for a good 10yrs now. And since buying this new pcp, it has given me the chance to take the shots on i would normally left, with more confidence of clean kills every time. I know people on here have been shooting pcp's for years, but i'm sort of new to these types of guns, after being away from airguning for a long period. But all them crows, pigeons rabbits etc, which would have got away from being shot at, are now being dropped like bad habits. Hence i think it being a little unfair because of the increased accuracy of the guns an my shooting. As for the stalking part of it. I'm still very adept at getting well with in range of what i want to shoot at. But i dont mind that taking the back seat if i can plug a crow or rabbit from 45yrds with out moving nothing but my trigger finger ****. ATB

DD :blush::good::yes:

:lol: ok, i see your point, but if blatting them at 45 yards is unfair, then me pinging them off at 90 with a silenced 22lr or 150 with a hmr must be bloody murderous :lol:

na i do know what you mean im just winding you mate, but im my book vermins vermin, the more you can get the better :lol:

Edited by Ozzy Fudd

:lol: ok, i see your point, but if blatting them at 45 yards is unfair, then me pinging them off at 90 with a silenced 22lr or 150 with a hmr must be bloody murderous :lol:

na i do know what you mean im just winding you mate, but im my book vermins vermin, the more you can get the better :blush:

Oh i defo agree with that comment Ozz mate. I relish seeing rabbits or grounded crows, pigeons bowl over at a good 175yrds with my Hmr. Now thats unfair lol. I'm well chuffed i bought this pcp. But i little gutted i didn't buy one years ago. I'm thinking seriously of getting a bipod. Just to be that little more unfair to what ever i aim at.

ATB

DD. :good::yes::lol: