Good day on very laid wheat

A chance ride pass some land I didnt shoot on the way to do a quote for work spotted a very large flat patch of wheat maybe 10 acres.

Picture of the patch I shoot over.

pigeonshootingjuly16th2010.jpg

After a couple of phone calls found it it was farmed by a farmer I have shoot for before elsewhere but was owned by a anonther and had to check it was OK with him,a quick call and five minutes later one more permission for 2500 acres of ferretting foxing and deer stalking and of coarse pigeons yipee.

Now after all this a qick dash home pickup Merlin and all the gear call the old man we got the go ahead I arrived at 1600hrs blue with birds maybe 5 -6 thousand.

For once the patch was located in the perfect spot under some large populars with the very strong wind right to left .

Shooting was very slow for the first two hours strange then Dad turned up and setup hundred yards above me .

And really kick off from 1815ish hrs right up till 2100hrs with birds still coming called it a day as it takes ages to pickup.

Merlin done some cracking finds that would have been lossed as they do like to tuck up the laid wheat or like a missle stone dead punch though the wheat.

Dads bag of 72

pigeonshootingjuly16th2010001.jpg

My bag 102 and Merlin looking knackered .

pigeonshootingjuly16th2010002.jpg

Edited by Over the hill