are le chamaeu boots worth it?

lowlander

I started this thread to ask a very similar question:

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...=120126&hl=

since then I have tried on the Aigle (£135 at the game fair) equivalent of the Vierzonord which I found to be very jelly-like and unsupportive and also a number of the new Hunters. I physically could not get my feet (wideish size 9s) into the size 9 bamboo carbon (£120) or leather lined (£195) Balmoral boots and the 10s were much too big. I then tried on the all singing, all dancing Balmoral Sovereign (£295) which did feel nice but weigh a tonne, were bloody expensive and didn't fit all that well.

So, today I have been and bought a new pair of the Le Chameau Vierzonord. (£140 but with a 20% discount to £112). I will let you know how they get on...

G

I'm on my 2nd pair of the neoprene lined full length zipper le chameau and cant fault them, had them for about 6 years and walked thousands of miles in them, worn when laying concrete and doing the allotment, still as good as new and worth every penny

mikee

I'm on my 2nd pair of the neoprene lined full length zipper le chameau and cant fault them, had them for about 6 years and walked thousands of miles in them, worn when laying concrete and doing the allotment, still as good as new and worth every penny

mikee

:good: I've had mine for 4 years. Some wellies cripple me. These seem to suit a high foot arch. Ruined my first pair waddling about in salt water.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the new pair have just been exchanged by the shop as the lining around the foot (not the neoprene) was coming loose and rubbing painfully against my heel.

So, technically, I am now on my third pair.

G

i need a new pair of wellies for the new shoot that ive joined this season and have always wanted a pair of le chamaeu chassuer (if thats how you spell it!) but i think after looking at the prices and my bank balance that ill have to go for the vierzonard ones but theyre still expensive, so before i take the plunge are they really worth the money?

lowlander

Spend your money!!!!! I've had mine for 3 years, I use them everyday, fantastic wellies

I bought i pair back in december as my dubarry boots were giving me such bad pain in my feet i could not walk for several days. I have never looked back. they are as comfy as slippers and i enjoy to wear them. They are the full length zip neoprene ones and are great. I am just about to treat them with the spray they come with for the coming season as they are natural rubber and do need treating. My dad has had a pair of neoprene chams for about 15 years now and still water tight although he switched to dubarrys a couple of seasons ago. Assuming the last a couple of seasons i would not hesitate to replace them and got 20% off the RRP from an RFD i do a bit of business through.

George

The best wellies I have owned and still do are a pair of Hunter Torlundy from John Norris think I gave £79.99 for 'em 3-4 years ago. They are as comfy as slippers never let a drop of water in and I tested 'em right up to the highest stitching ( 3/4" from top - long story) I don't think I would have paid the £200 list price but I wish I could lay my hands on a second pair, stopped making them though.

Mine are looking tired now they've been caught on barb wire and through the thickest of brambles so I'm weighing up my options as I have x wide calfs. What are the chameu's like around calf?

I think some types of Le Chams have several calf sizes, certainly the leather lined do, best to check their website. I was given a pair of leather lined Le Chams last season as a present and I think they were better than my previous pair of neoprene lined Vierzonnord which tended to make my feet sweaty.

My wife has a pair of the Vierzons and trod on a thorn which pierced the sole whilst beating. I eventually managed to pull the damned thing out, it was like a nail and repaired the sole with silicon sealant and that's lasted two seasons without leaking.

The best wellies I have owned and still do are a pair of Hunter Torlundy from John Norris think I gave £79.99 for 'em 3-4 years ago. They are as comfy as slippers never let a drop of water in and I tested 'em right up to the highest stitching ( 3/4" from top - long story) I don't think I would have paid the £200 list price but I wish I could lay my hands on a second pair, stopped making them though.

Mine are looking tired now they've been caught on barb wire and through the thickest of brambles so I'm weighing up my options as I have x wide calfs. What are the chameu's like around calf?

Blimey I thought I was the only one who thought so, we must be the only two in the uk who love 'em?! I have a pair of Aigle Parcours but found them to be too tight across the foot and wish i'd looked elsewhere. If I could justify another pair i'd look at Chamaeu next time.......having said that my old 'Sherwood' neoprene wellies are brilliant for the money, if I remember right they were £30 approx, they're not £70 worse than £100 wellies! :blink:

• 6 months later...

I was struggling to find wellies to fit my muscular calfs and didn't(couldn't) justify spending 100's on the local RFD's offerings

:no:

On the off chance I called in at a local fishing tackle wharehouse and found a pair of 3/4 length Neoprene Boots by a company called Wychwood, (whychwoodtackle.co.uk) walked for 3+ hours this AM around my new permission in heavily waterlogged fields and they were, to quote others, "as comfortable as slippers"

Oh, and they cost princely sum of £37.00 :D :D :D

i need a new pair of wellies for the new shoot that ive joined this season and have always wanted a pair of le chamaeu chassuer (if thats how you spell it!) but i think after looking at the prices and my bank balance that ill have to go for the vierzonard ones but theyre still expensive, so before i take the plunge are they really worth the money?

lowlander

NO !

You should consider some Muckboot's as they're cheaper than le chamaeu boots and as i have gathered just as good, muckboot's are extremely comfortable and keep your feet warm as well, they also have very good grip underneath but this is only true if you go for the most expensive wellies which you can pic up for around £50 on the internet ;) ;)

Personally i would go for the muckboots over the Le Chamaeu

Edited by Simon123