jess

hodge911

went to raby castle on sunday and like always took jess [ the dog 20mnth old springer x pointer ] anyways while sanding at the main arena watching the gun dog display with jess sat at my side on the lead and the display in full swing she decided to go under the fence and make a "b-line" for the handler in the centre .

when i relised oops thats my dog thats about to spoil things in front of a shed load of people so a sharp GET HERE JESS and to my complete suprise she spun on the spot and came straight back "PHEW!!!!!!!!!! THANK GOD FOR THAT" AND TO TOP IT OFF THE HANDLER PRAISED HER RECALL.

so as a reward i thought i,d give her a go at the dummy launcher retrieve which turned out to be a timed competition .

the guy running it was a bit baffled by her being a x and asked "WILL SHE DO THIS LIKE" SO i sat her down and he fired the dummy which went a good old distance and away she went like a rocket picked the dummy and straight back time was 15.09secs which put her in 3rd place not bad as it was her first time at anything like this and to boot first place was only 14.35secs so she wasn,t far away. the guy asked if she would do a second run straight away so isat her down he fired the dummy and away she went ..........................but only half way up the track and then promptly sat and dropped a massive log :good::yes: wich i had to clean up.

more than happy with her that day :oops::yes:

Edited by hodge911

i had a good laugh at that, i was at the other side are you in the picture my lass took, she missed the shot of jess in the ring

i,m not in it mate but the lad in the cammo is my nephew and the big lad with the blue toon top is my mate i,m to the right of my nephew

Edited by hodge911

was it the scurry bandits? god time that for the launcher. under 14 seconds for launcher is the time i would love but 16secs with my cocker that only touches a dummy at these shows is the best i will get i think. the turn out in the middle is common. been there more than once but its only for a giggle so i dont care............yet. i let the cocker off the lead 15mins before in a quite area so he can do a turn out and pee.

the training bag on the back off the guy in the ring is a Harcroft training bag, i have one and its a good bit of kit. i find that the old game back swings around and smacks the dog in the head as i take a retrieve. the new pup might just get away without a clout like the other got.lol.

grate time by the way.

Phil