fac for a quad...

hermun

maybe a daft question but here goes

Im looking at getting a Sako Quad

if i get more barrels do i need seperate slots on my fac for each calibre

cause its only 1 rifle....? is it not...

need to do variation as i did not listen to feo and add extras on initial application...oops

need to do variation as i did not listen to feo and add extras on initial application...oops

on mine I registered it as one rifle quoting numbers for both action and barrell and a spare barrel in a different calibre (two slots) .. don't know if it's right but my firearms people seemed happy enough

Imagine having to rezero the rifle every time you swap the barrel...! Just buy two rifles.

Imagine having to buy two rifles of the same quality as the Quad and two decent scopes to sit on top :good:

You need slots for each calibre mate, mine is listed on my FAC as a .22LR rifle (complete) and a .17HMR barrel.

The NLFMS was never set up for guns like the Quad and some licensing dept's dislike them because of that. :good: Mine is listed as a .17HMR bolt-action rifle and a .22lr spare barrel. The odd bit is the rifle is only registered under the number on the receiver, not the receiver AND barrel (they're different), and the .22lr barrel only as its number. I can't WAIT to be stopped by a non-firearms savvie copper and try to explain why the numbers don't match up :yes:

Mark

It can be listed as one gun in a certain calibre with spare barrels in various other cals or as multiple guns, depends on which area desides. Personally i prefer the finfire and think the quad it's poor relation. Also look at the CZ's when i bought my last one you could still have two for the price of one quad with two barrels and i recon the CZ a better gun. Ok you need two scopes but trust a Buris to return to zero and trust the quad barrel to do the same time and time again- nope, two guns for me

Each to their own, I don't agree.

:good:

I don't get the whole massive deal made with sorting your zero out with a Quad, once you've established that swapping your barrel doesn't affect your zero (well mine doesn't anyway :blink: ), you don't need a special scope if you've only got 2 barrels. Zero one barrel and reset your turrets to '0'. Then zero your second barrel and note the amount of adjustment needed to do so. THAT'S IT! Write it on a piece of paper and tape it to your scope cover if you can't remember. Simple! :yes:

Mark

Edited by Breastman

I don't get the whole massive deal made with sorting your zero out with a Quad, once you've established that swapping your barrel doesn't affect your zero (well mine doesn't anyway :yes: ), you don't need a special scope if you've only got 2 barrels. Zero one barrel and reset your turrets to '0'. Then zero your second barrel and note the amount of adjustment needed to do so. THAT'S IT! Write it on a piece of paper and tape it to your scope cover if you can't remember. Simple! :good:

Mark

It just doesn't sound 100% foolproof.

I'd struggle to trust my rifle by rezeroing it after swapping the barrels and feel confident it was able to knock the nuts off a gnat at 60y.

The NLFMS was never set up for guns like the Quad and some licensing dept's dislike them because of that. :good: Mine is listed as a .17HMR bolt-action rifle and a .22lr spare barrel. The odd bit is the rifle is only registered under the number on the receiver, not the receiver AND barrel (they're different), and the .22lr barrel only as its number. I can't WAIT to be stopped by a non-firearms savvie copper and try to explain why the numbers don't match up :yes:

Mark

Thats the same as semi auto shotguns, you just have the action number not the barrel number listed. As for trusting zero on a barrel swap I couldn't do it but guess you probably don't swap them about much.

It just doesn't sound 100% foolproof.

I'd struggle to trust my rifle by rezeroing it after swapping the barrels and feel confident it was able to knock the nuts off a gnat at 60y.

Fortunately i don't have gnats, or their nuts as quarry on my FAC ??? Seriously though, for what i need it for the zero holds when i switch the barrels :yes:

Thats the same as semi auto shotguns, you just have the action number not the barrel number listed. As for trusting zero on a barrel swap I couldn't do it but guess you probably don't swap them about much.

My semi shotgun has the same serial no. on the barrel and receiver :blink: But as there is virtually no standardisation in the firearm world i don't doubt for a minute that it does happen.

Not switching my barrels about at the moment as my bunny permission has dried up so its just range practice with the .17hmr at the mo. Must get that sorted out with my renewal fast looming :good:

Mark

You need a slot fore each barrel.

I'm not trying to get into a debate here but I just don't buy into this changing barrels malarkey.

It may suit some (few), and they will most certainly be the occassional shooters, but one caliber, one scope, one mod, one gun is the way for most!

I shoot a lot, on a lot of different sites and it is a waste of time for me!

ATB!