Changing an FAC Shotgun

ellebarto

If I want to swap my FAC shotgun for another FAC shotgun is it the same hassle as swapping a rifle, i.e I sell the gun, send off the licence to free the slot and then buy the new one? Or (please tell me its so) I can just go into the shop and literally swap them? Anyone done this?

I half know the answer but anyway???

Doh! and double doh!!!!!!

I've been going through all the little elements of my decoying and I was reading how the woodies can be put off by the colour of your gun against the green of the hide. With this in mind I was going to swap my mat black auto for a camo jobby. Ive seen various socks and tape that all look a bit cack!!

Might have to go back and try that again, cant be bothered with the hassle of the swap if I have to go through that!

Just keep still. Far more important, my teknys is fairly shiny but I've sat in hedges with it keeping still and pigeons land yards in front

Yeah I don't disagree and I do indeed sit still but you know what its like when you are trying to improve your game! Being mat black probably not visible anyway!

Just keep still. Far more important, my teknys is fairly shiny but I've sat in hedges with it keeping still and pigeons land yards in front

Yeah I don't disagree and I do indeed sit still but you know what its like when you are trying to improve your game! Being mat black probably not visible anyway!

I'd say nickbeardo has it pretty spot on, I don't do that much on the pigeons but skin tone upsets them and so does movement, I think keeping still until the last moment is more important than a camo gun!

:good:

or you could get some of the cammo tape you can wrap round it that sticks to itself. Then you can try it and when it makes no difference take the tape off!

lol. OK. OK. Ive stepped away frmo the camo gun idea and am concentrating on the shiney head theory!!!

Shooting tomorrow so will advise on success of camoing said shiney head!!!!