where are they

dog man

Been out four times now seen no foxes where have they all gone

don,t think we shot them all may be we are going out to

soon at night

Same problem until this week when they have re-appeared: five all shot between 9 and half past in different places. No sign of any more after that time anywhere. Unusual to say the least!

Cheers

Foxes are creatures of habit. Probably out raiding the bins on the local housing estate, only returning in the early morning.

I was at a customers this week, nothing to do with shooting. Dog bowl on the patio and a big pack if Morrisons dog food on the side in the kitchen. "you haven't got a dog says I" "no she says its for the foxes" they feed the foxes every night. Loads of people like her. What can I say? She's a customer.

No wonder the foxes are off the permissions. Easy pickings in the town..

My mate got back in fom a driven Fox shoot at about 3.30pm this afternoon, they had 5 foxes out of 9 drives..:lol:

He had one... he went out with 10x42gr carts, and went home with 9 carts...:) one cart to a Fox.... :lol:

My turn in 3 weeks.... :mad: I finally got my invite... :lol:

Edited by Norrie

They seem to be starting to show in numbers again around my permissions! I am getting most of mine in the evenings as the sun is starting to go down and they are coming out for an evenings hunting. That's my favourite time for foxing as I am not as young or fit as I used to be and these late cold and often wet and windy nights lamping are taking their toll on my poor old body!

I fine that the trick that works for me is to know your permissions better than you know the backs or your hands, especially the fox runs, and to be able to work out which runs are the most frequently used. You can then think about setting up a bait station and checking Charlies timing using the Alarm clock method. Once you have that knowledge then it is often a matter of sitting out and waiting for them to pass that way "hopefully" for the last time!

Sorry if this advice is "old hat" or "very basic" for the more experienced fox shooters on here, it is not meant to undermine your intelligence, abilities or knowledge so please do not take offence, it is aimed (No pun intended) at helping out the less experienced and the novices!