new maxus

yickdaz

me and me dad clubbed together to buy a maxus last monday we have been on about getting a semi auto for years but never did;finally got round to doing it;its a used gun but previous owner only had it a week not fired 200 shells through it.

anyhow gun is good as new we took it to the clay ground on wednesday to try out and we both got in to the gun and liked it very much i have never used a auto before and i shot it very well concidering. but what we really wanted to do was shoot a few woodies with it;so we went for look yesterday the weather was **** for it really;but the rain held off in the afternoon long enough for a couple of hours shooting;

as soon as it stopped birds started to flight from a large wood out to the stubbles so set up on the field they wanted;shot 4 and they started to flight further away in front so moved to that spot and it helped had a nice 1 1/2 hrs shooting i had 3 right and lefts one after another;the third one was very unusual with a jay and a pigeon :good: not a big bag but we just wanted to dirty the barrel on a few to get a feel for the gun on the live stuff :stupid: 27 and a jay.

post-21887-1285317118.jpg

Edited by yickdaz

Daz, it Sounds like my dads, if it was he only put a dozen carts through it, tried it at kelbrook but couldnt swing/mount it. No fault of the gun, just had two major ops (Quad by-pass & aortic aneurysm) I think he was trying to get back shooting too soon.

It had real nice wood on it, I fancied it instead of my Raptor, but he had already arranged with Lawrence to take it back, now he has another 525 sat in the cabinet unused.

Dad's eh, who would have them !

Good luck with it

Cheers

Dave

:blush: Jays protected? Theres more of them than ever round here!!!

What do you think of the maxus? I was going to buy one but got a browning gold hunter to fill in befor ei could afford one and im shooting really well with it and so im not sure wether to bother with the maxus now??? :good:

http://www.ukqna.com/garden/1914-2-home-ukqna.html

Daz, it Sounds like my dads, if it was he only put a dozen carts through it, tried it at kelbrook but couldnt swing/mount it. No fault of the gun, just had two major ops (Quad by-pass & aortic aneurysm) I think he was trying to get back shooting too soon.

It had real nice wood on it, I fancied it instead of my Raptor, but he had already arranged with Lawrence to take it back, now he has another 525 sat in the cabinet unused.

Dad's eh, who would have them !

Good luck with it

Cheers

Dave

it could be the gun bud but we new it hadn;t been used a lot in the field when we viewed it.. it was and still is in pristine condition :blush: and i agree with your last comment ! :good:

Edited by yickdaz

:P Jays protected? Theres more of them than ever round here!!!

What do you think of the maxus? I was going to buy one but got a browning gold hunter to fill in befor ei could afford one and im shooting really well with it and so im not sure wether to bother with the maxus now??? :D

i don;t have a lot of experience on semi autos only ever shot s/s and o/u but the impression it has made on both of us is very good..we only plumped for the maxus due to the great reviews in sporting gun;and sporting shooter also what members on pigeonwatch have said about them.and we have tried it on clays and pigeon and can;t fault it :good: but i;m sure the the hunter has the same mechanics as the maxus so your on a winner either way :D

regards daz

:good: I love my gold hunter and have owned brwoning slivers before that, I liked the maxxus but didnt like the fore end on the synthetic, it seemed a little too loose and very light plastic, didnt seem up to the abuse it would get from me, and while your gun looks superb in wood, i wouldnt buy a wooden rough / pigeon gun....all mine are synthetic, you then dont have to worry about them in the wet(as much) :P

:P I love my gold hunter and have owned brwoning slivers before that, I liked the maxxus but didnt like the fore end on the synthetic, it seemed a little too loose and very light plastic, didnt seem up to the abuse it would get from me, and while your gun looks superb in wood, i wouldnt buy a wooden rough / pigeon gun....all mine are synthetic, you then dont have to worry about them in the wet(as much) :D

have to agree a semi auto is a tool to be used and abused; but we have always been a sucker for a nice bit of wood :good: don;t take that the wrong way :D:D