Additional Barrels

ellebarto

Does anyone have any experience of owning a spare or 2nd set of barrels? Are they listed on your licence?

My gunsmith tells me they have to be registered on your licence with paperwork just like a full gun would be and if its FAC then you have to apply for a variation in the same way and have them on your licence!

I had it in mind they would just be spare parts and not part of the main gun, although on reflection I guess if that were the case there would be nothing to stop you having a spare 'off the rader' sawn off set or something!

for shot gun or rifle?

I had two sets of barrels for my old shotgun, just wrote on the license "2 sets of barrels"

think its different for rifles?

Yeah its just a shotgun. I have a Mossberg 500 hushpower which I quite like, even if it is a bit cheap and clanky and I wanted to have some options for when I didnt need to shoot with the big mod on the end. I thought it would be dead simple especially as I am consdiering making it FAC but my gunsmith tells me not and I just wanted to hear if anyone else had experience of this!

hi chap, all major components of a gun such as barrels and actions need to be listed on your licence. :)

:yes::lol:;) Firearm yes :( :yes: someone may correct me if I am wrong but a shotgun is only classed as a weapon when fully assembled :good::lol:

You can have as many spare barrels as you want for a shotgun. None have to be entered on your certificate.

When my F3 barrels were flood damaged I was told by my local dept I would have to register the replacement barrels as there was a different S/N on the Blaser barrels to the action......

Rich

Doh!!! So my theory of registering them easily on my shotgun licence but then leaving them there when I move it to FAC is probably a non starter!

I'm a bit obsessed with owning an FAC pigeon gun but the reality is I think I've only ever shot 4 rounds 3 times in years of shooting. If anything it makes me lazy loading and Im more likely to forget how many are in the tube and dry fire!! Just to avoid the hassle I might stick to a 2 shot then!

Thanks for all the opinions guys

Does anyone have any experience of owning a spare or 2nd set of barrels? Are they listed on your licence?

My gunsmith tells me they have to be registered on your licence with paperwork just like a full gun would be and if its FAC then you have to apply for a variation in the same way and have them on your licence!

I had it in mind they would just be spare parts and not part of the main gun, although on reflection I guess if that were the case there would be nothing to stop you having a spare 'off the rader' sawn off set or something!

I bought a second set of barrels for my 687, more open choked, cheaper than getting it Teaged. They are listed on my ticket as an extra pair of barrels. Mine came from a 686 so have a different serial number on them, that serial number is recorded on my ticket.

A