WHSmiths

bindi

I was in WHSmiths in Heathrow a month ago and had some time spare so I thought I'd go and get a shooting mag.

None to be found, so I thought sold out, or looking in the wrong place.

I asked a sales assistant if they had shooting times, but she wasn't sure, checked with the manager and the response was.

"We have decided not to stock shooting magazines as many people are opposed to shooting"

So i said "but you feel fine about your young female staff at the checkout selling dirty old geezers dirty books about tits and fannys?" :*)

Jeez, are these people real. They don't even sell them at Kings Cross stn, where you can buy mags on snowboarding, pigeon fancying (wierd) or cross stitching (even more wierd).

The only WHS i have found that does sell them was one in Belfast.

Whats your experience.?

Well I've tried a good few shops (although the rural ones do tend to be better), and none at LHR or MAN airports have them.

Believe me they stock some real bizarre stuff there too, but the nearest you'll get to a shooting mag is Field or Country Life.

But they do have Razzle, Readers Wives, Parade, Club, Penthouse, Mayfair, Just 18 etc. (yes my knowledge of these is quite good, and my preference is for Club!!)

I really do believe it to be down to anti-shooting bods.

Now if you are into skateboarding there's a mag for you.

cheers

I was in WHSmiths in Heathrow a month ago and had some time spare so I thought I'd go and get a shooting mag.

None to be found, so I thought sold out, or looking in the wrong place.

I asked a sales assistant if they had shooting times, but she wasn't sure, checked with the manager and the response was.

"We have decided not to stock shooting magazines as many people are opposed to shooting"

So i said "but you feel fine about your young female staff at the checkout selling dirty old geezers dirty books about tits and fannys?" :*)

Jeez, are these people real. They don't even sell them at Kings Cross stn, where you can buy mags on snowboarding, pigeon fancying (wierd) or cross stitching (even more wierd).

The only WHS i have found that does sell them was one in Belfast.

Whats your experience.?

:( Wan?ERS :thumbs:

all w h smiths at airports DO NOT stock shooting mags.its there 4k*n policy not to do so.ive had row after row about it everytime i fly out from what ever airport.

start complaining otherwise we aint going to be heard.

spoke to manager after manager,they dont care.

i walk into my local smiths read them all then walk out.

i wont buy nowt from them.

Hi,

The Chippenham WHsmiths stocks Airgun World, Airgunner, Shooting Times, The Field, Gun Mart, Sporting shooter, Shooting Gazette as well as a few others. ;) I generally buy my Airgun World from Smiths and my Shooting Times from Sainsbury's. :P

FM :P

Chipnum?

I grew up there many years ago :thumbs:

Smiths used to be at the bottom of Station Hill when I did my paper round for them :(

Hi,

The Chippenham WHsmiths stocks Airgun World, Airgunner, Shooting Times, The Field, Gun Mart, Sporting shooter, Shooting Gazette as well as a few others. :P I generally buy my Airgun World from Smiths and my Shooting Times from Sainsbury's. :D

FM :P

Chipnum?

I grew up there many years ago ;)

Smiths used to be at the bottom of Station Hill when I did my paper round for them :(

Hi,

Smiths is now at the bottom of the high street next to the river. :D Did you grow up in this great town? :thumbs:

FM :)

Maybe you need to be the only gay in the village, always seem to have plenty of books for them on the shelves, nice wholesome lifestyle that needs encouraging you see :( :thumbs:

It is annoying that the airports don't stock the mags, I travel a fair bit and knowing that make sure that I take mine with me.

Another of those issues of principle I guess but at the end of the day we as consumers don't have to use WHS or any other retail outlet if we choose not to.

WHS in Wakefield stocks a good range as does the one at the white Rose centre in Leeds.

ASDA doesn't stock any because there isn't the demand apparently. Maybe everyone should contact their local ASDA and ask for shooting magazines to be stocked. As a matter of interest, everyone wants Landrover Owner International. They must do cos it's stocked. As are fishing magazines and horsey ones that everyone reeeeeely wants.

Tesco stock Shooting Times.

Dave

Hi,

The Chippenham WHsmiths stocks Airgun World, Airgunner, Shooting Times, The Field, Gun Mart, Sporting shooter, Shooting Gazette as well as a few others. :) I generally buy my Airgun World from Smiths and my Shooting Times from Sainsbury's. :o

FM :D

Chipnum?

I grew up there many years ago :P

Hi,

Smiths is now at the bottom of the high street next to the river. :) Did you grow up in this great town? ;)

FM :)

I gave up the paper round when I got a Saturday Job beating for Featherstone-Godley over half the country around Lyneham Banks, Tytherton etc.

He was a grumpy old bastid but he could shoot anything.

He used to get lots of London guns down. If he saw one missing too many, he'd pick off a few birds over them from about 40 yds away and then congratulate them on their shooting :D

Used to get ten bob a day as a lad and 12s 6d if you were over fifteen, plus a bottle of Wadworths IPA at lunchtime and a brace or a hare to take home.

That was worth another half crown.

Bunked school Fridays to go cow-banging at the Cattle Market for whatever the farmer's would give you.

Yep, I grew up there, left the Secondary Modern at sixteen for an apprenticeship at Westinghouse :thumbs:

Still got the accent :P