Hodnet Victory Shoot 2010

Nicky T

I've never shot a bad shoot at Hodnet, I used to do this shoot regularly back in the 80's, you need to get there early and don't hang around, otherwise you'll be shooting in the dark, literally. :good:

I'd like to do this one, but I'm at High Lodge the day before giving another Masterclass to the Esssex Strawbalers, so I may have to pass. :yes:

Cat.

I've never shot a bad shoot at Hodnet, I used to do this shoot regularly back in the 80's, you need to get there early and don't hang around, otherwise you'll be shooting in the dark, literally. :lol:

I'd like to do this one, but I'm at High Lodge the day before giving another Masterclass to the Esssex Strawbalers, so I may have to pass. :P

Cat.

[/qu

Youre right Cat! You need to be up the hill at the top furthest stand for 8-30 or you will finish in the dark on the Victory shoot. If you leave it any later you will be queueing up to 1/2 hr on some of the stands(a couple of years ago was -6!), for me it ruins an absolutely cracking shoot at arguably the best ground in the country

I don't know what can be done other than run it over a couple of days. :good:

I've never shot a bad shoot at Hodnet, I used to do this shoot regularly back in the 80's, you need to get there early and don't hang around, otherwise you'll be shooting in the dark, literally. :lol:

I'd like to do this one, but I'm at High Lodge the day before giving another Masterclass to the Esssex Strawbalers, so I may have to pass. :P

Cat.

Youre right Cat! You need to be up the hill at the top furthest stand for 8-30 or you will finish in the dark on the Victory shoot. If you leave it any later you will be queueing up to 1/2 hr on some of the stands(a couple of years ago was -6!), for me it ruins an absolutely cracking shoot at arguably the best ground in the country

I don't know what can be done other than run it over a couple of days. :good:

Yes, that's exactly why I don't shoot it anymore.

Cat.

I don't know what can be done other than run it over a couple of days. :lol:

I don't remember anything like that at last years Victory shoot when we (Chard, Anni, Auntie and myself) shot it :P From memory we got there around 9.30am, were shooting by 10am and were back on the road by about 3-3.30pm :good:

Fair enough there were a couple of stands with a bit of a backlog on them, but it made for a welcome break and a chance to have a look at the targets before we shot them :yes:

I actually only found out about it today myself :hmm:

FITASC was great fun thanks and a very steep learning curve :hmm:

end

I have edited this because I celebrated finishing a big piece of work lasting seversl weeks with several brandies and consequently made no sense apologies to all :lol:

Edited by skyshooter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have only just realised this is now the Hodnet Challenge not Victory Challenge - does this mean Victory are no longer associated with this shoot and Hodnet has taken it over??? -- If so I wonder what the prize money is going to reduce down to.

The Victory used to pay down to third place in class as well as flats of cartridges.

Dave

Come on . Who won? What were the scores? Was it good?. from Auntie. :hmm:

Great shoot, as always, some tough stuff though.

Don't know anybody who shot it well, and don't know who won.

Out of interest, scores in brackets were those from North v South shoot, so this was kinnard :lol:

Scores on the doors for chaps that I know were :

Son of Potter - 77 (87)

DSPUK - 76 (86)

NickyT - 73

Anni - 73 (76)

Mr Potter - 72 (86)

Chard - 71 (71)

Timps 67 (81)

Ron - 66 (76)

Mark W - 64 :o

Ainsley - 56

Whiskymac - 52 (68)

Other non-forum blokes I know got stuff like 66, 64, 59 etc, so it was a bit of a grind. :good:

Edited by Chard

The top of hill got me - lost 16 birds on 4 stands but my 76 was good enough for 3rd place in Vet's class - looking at scores it would seem it was a tricky shoot.

well shot Son of P but we must all pull our socks up in future.

Martin Myers and another shooter tied for first with a 90 - light faded so shoot off wasn't on so all equal scores shared prize money - Graham Stirzaker won shoot off for pool.

Was a long day.

Dave

The top of hill got me - lost 16 birds on 4 stands but my 76 was good enough for 3rd place in Vet's class - looking at scores it would seem it was a tricky shoot.

well shot Son of P but we must all pull our socks up in future.

Martin Myers and another shooter tied for first with a 90 - light faded so shoot off wasn't on so all equal scores shared prize money - Graham Stirzaker won shoot off for pool.

Was a long day.

Dave

Good hit on the Vets placing Dave :good:

90 was some score on that course, I reckon :o