foxes

cocker3

just wondering if any one else has had a drop in fox numbers (not a bad thing )but i have been out lamping since harvest time (mid august)and have seen very few foxes about in a usual year i shoot 10-20 on stubbles but this year i have only shot 6 and seen 10.

i have spoken to a few keepers around our area and they are saying the same (they just aint there )and had a word with sako from aberdeen and he is the same :good:???

i am begining to wonder whats happened could it be that as we had a hard winter last year (snow on the ground form december to late march )is it this has some bearing on there youngs survival rate (food ,cold ect)and on foxes in general

of the 6 i have shot 1 was a cub 1 old vixen 4 older dogs so has any one else seen a drop in numbers :yes:

Probably rumaging in the dustbins on the local housing estate. Foxes aren't stupid, why eat worms and fieldmice when there's KFC.
i sure as hell would,nt walk 20 miles to the nearest housing estate for kfc mcd is another story tho :good:???:yes:

were out three four times a week at all times from 830pm till 430 am and were just not seeing them around here where as the last 2 years i have averaged 45 a year

just wondering if any one else has had a drop in fox numbers (not a bad thing )but i have been out lamping since harvest time (mid august)and have seen very few foxes about in a usual year i shoot 10-20 on stubbles but this year i have only shot 6 and seen 10.

i have spoken to a few keepers around our area and they are saying the same (they just aint there )and had a word with sako from aberdeen and he is the same :good:???

i am begining to wonder whats happened could it be that as we had a hard winter last year (snow on the ground form december to late march )is it this has some bearing on there youngs survival rate (food ,cold ect)and on foxes in general

of the 6 i have shot 1 was a cub 1 old vixen 4 older dogs so has any one else seen a drop in numbers :yes:

We've shot 63 since 1st august in the fens, and my son has shot 60 since Jan on his estate near

Lockerbie. So it just depends which part of the country you're in, perhaps be the other way round next year.

Andy