FITASC at Coniston

livetoshoot10

I enjoyed it and thought it was all very well organised. I found parts of it tough, but I'd never shot FITASC before.

I got 11, 16, 14, 22. So did OK on bits and awful on others. I'd certainly give it another go.

The long breaks in between didn't work for me, I just lost concentration each time, but others said they needed those breaks.

Hope they hold more of these :blush:

I heard a few people say 8 squads may have been better than 12, to cut down on waiting time a bit.

We booked a full squad as soon as entries opened and still ended up on squad 10 :blush: starting our last layout at 4.15

It was a long day, but well worth it :hmm: When's the next one ?

I might be used to my new gun by then :yes::P:lol:

Azzurri.

Without a doubt one of the best shoots that i've been to this year with other notable shoots being the English Open at Hodnet and that beast of a shoot up at Rufforth for the NOE Sporting Selection :lol::good:

The targets at Coniston last weekend were outstanding; fair but you had to constantly be paying attention else you were destined to be caught out. Amazingly although there were a multitude of "regular" shooters there shooting a variety of DTL, Sporting, Skeet and Compak, the FITASC shoot never felt crowded in the slightest with the abundance of space being put to good use and the chance to shoot on some of the ground down the track approaching the ground was relished by many. Sure there was a bit of a wait between shooting each layout but that added to the enjoyment for me with the facilities available at Coniston allowing a cuppa and a chat and the chance to clear your mind before starting again - infact to me it felt distinctly like it was four separate shoots all at the same venue.

Given the chance to shoot FITASC again at Coniston i'd take it for sure! :hmm:

As a matter of interest, how much does a 100 bird FITASC shoot cost these days?

Would like to have a go but people tell me it's very expensive :good:

A friend of mine shot one at Southdown, think it was last week, it was on for 3 days (shoot either day). £45 entry and £250 h/g.

Sorted :hmm:

Azzurri.

Well I thought it was one of the best FITASC shoots I've ever shot. As long as the facilities are up to it, and believe me Coniston's were well up to it, I much prefer old style FITASC could be that I'm better at talking than I am at shooting :good::lol::hmm:

I have heard one or two minor moans or criticisms, sun affected layout 3, not enough variety between pegs but they were half hearted moans even they wanted to know if there will be any more.

Mr Potter

A friend of mine shot one at Southdown, think it was last week, it was on for 3 days (shoot either day). £45 entry and £250 h/g.

Sorted :good:

Azzurri.

Yes, that was me, a good shoot, but too much waiting about, with an hour and a half between layouts, it should be maximum 45 mins.

Cat.

Regretfully, I couldn't make it. But as mentioned above - any chance of another? Or a 100 reg sporting?? Sometime over Xmas would be great! Cheers :hmm:

You'll be too busy debauching in a vat of alcohol at Christmas to do any shooting.

******* students :good:

Edited by Chard