best hunting rifle

hoTshoT-16

thanks mate and thanks for the offer which would rifle you have and why?

:angry:

i have the rapid mate i know its not the best looking todate but i find it so robust that a dare clamber fences etc it costs me 4 pound to refill the 400cc buddy bottle and i get over 300 shots no prob.i dont think i need to buy a divers bottle at this rate.you need no special tools to keep on top of the upkeep and i can get a sub inch group at 40 no prob with x50 nighteye scope .also one thing to note is how much the resale value is of a older mk1 they still are not cheap . :innocent: cos the owners wont give them up

i have the rapid mate i know its not the best looking todate but i find it so robust that a dare clamber fences etc it costs me 4 pound to refill the 400cc buddy bottle and i get over 300 shots no prob.i dont think i need to buy a divers bottle at this rate.you need no special tools to keep on top of the upkeep and i can get a sub inch group at 40 no prob with x50 nighteye scope .also one thing to note is how much the resale value is of a older mk1 they still are not cheap . :lol: cos the owners wont give them up

ill get the rapid 7 if i can get the extra money because i need a new scope :)

I have a Rapid 12 Mrk 2 for sale if you would consider buying second hand. 4 half months old bought new with 7 litre air tank with loads of test on it. Comes with game king 4x16-44px Ir scope. Cost me a little over £1100 middle of June, Take that £700 you got for the lot. Absolutly mint condition with no marks or dinks on it. Never been out in the field an bought on a wim to be honest. Reason for selling, honeslty not using it. Been in the case under my bed for 3 months with out use. Using my HMR more often and lost interest in it.

Reguards

DD

I have a Rapid 12 Mrk 2 for sale if you would consider buying second hand. 4 half months old bought new with 7 litre air tank with loads of test on it. Comes with game king 4x16-44px Ir scope. Cost me a little over £1100 middle of June, Take that £700 you got for the lot. Absolutly mint condition with no marks or dinks on it. Never been out in the field an bought on a wim to be honest. Reason for selling, honeslty not using it. Been in the case under my bed for 3 months with out use. Using my HMR more often and lost interest in it.

Reguards

DD

thanks deputy dog,

ill bear this in mind but like i sadi i cant buy at the moment because i did to save up more :)

thanks again

kindest regards

hoTshoT-16

thanks deputy dog,

ill bear this in mind but like i sadi i cant buy at the moment because i did to save up more :)

thanks again

kindest regards

hoTshoT-16

No worries Hot shot mate

I just thought i'd give you the chance of having a Mint gun set up complete with charging gear,

for a reasonable price. No matter though, it'll stay under the bed till its either sold, or i get around to using it again.

Going to waste really, but i'd rather keep it then sell it for stupid money. It doesn't eat or drink as they say.

Take care mate

ATB

DD

• 1 month later...

Why are all three pre-charged? There are some cracking springers out there personally i use a Rapid 7 mk1 FAC and a HW80 Lazerglide at 12ft lb in the main. For a hunting tool you just can't better a springer at the lower power levels, they just need a little more practice. Lot of Chat about poor QC on R10's a lovely looking handling gun but cheapened by accountants and assembled by idiots it appears

****** it...gutted i missed this one.

I'd have gone for none of these. My own preference would be for an Air Arms S510 SL Carbine..i have one in .177 cal, with a walnut thumbhole stock, harris bipod and a rather nice MTC Taipan scope and it really does handle like a dream. I've had a Tench regulator fitted which has given me a slightly higher shot count and near on perfect consitency shot to shot. This rifle out handles my old Daystate Huntsman and HW100S by a long shot.

My advice if you havent already made the all important purchase would be to get out and try as many models in your price range as you can in your local gunshop and get a feel for the diferent models available. Never buy a gun on someones reccomendation IMO, get out there and find which one fits YOU...your groupings and especially your QUARRY will thank you for it.

You may find none of these fit you as an individual (unlikely as they are all corking rifles) but i've bought all of my rifles by trying before buying to get a feel for them in the shoulder. I thus far own:

AA S510 SL Carbine .177

AA TX200 HC mkIII, CS800 walnut thumbhole stock, V-Mach tuned .177 (superb as a self contained hunting rifle)

AA Pro Sport .22

Falcon Prairie Light-Hunter Bull Barrel .177

Trust me...try before you buy...you may settle for something that you've not shortlisted.

Also as mentioned in the post prior to this..never discount a good high quality springer...it'll last a lifetime and is totally self contained. I absolutely love both my TX200 HC mkIII and my pro sport.

Edited by mortimer657

Plenty of rifles will take down game with good efficiency. But if you got the money, you can start to focus on build quality, ease of reloading, speed of reloading, etc. HW 100 is pretty much the pinacle of pcps, but do you need/want that?

A good EVO 10 will drive as fast and handle as well as a top end Porsche, so do you need a Porsche?

If you have the money then yes, go for top of the line, but don't think you have a lesser gun by buying cheaper. If you can put pellet on target with good regularity, it doesn't matter what you are using. If I had the money, I would go HW100. If money is a bit tighter, go for a good 2nd hand AA 410 :good:

Why are all three pre-charged? There are some cracking springers out there personally i use a Rapid 7 mk1 FAC and a HW80 Lazerglide at 12ft lb in the main. For a hunting tool you just can't better a springer at the lower power levels, they just need a little more practice. Lot of Chat about poor QC on R10's a lovely looking handling gun but cheapened by accountants and assembled by idiots it appears

And of course, the R10 has the same blighted sh1tty auto load system as the previous 10 shot rifles. New auto load system please BSA! one that's simple, slick and reliable please - prove that the brits can take the germans on at this!

Ultimate hunting rifle? I'd have to go with the HW100S. Perfection, not cheap but you gets what you pays for.

That said, the 2 rifles I regret selling most are the hw95k and hw97k.

I put a hell of a lot of rabbits away with both of these springers (possibly more so the 95) and they were massively cheaper than the 100.

:yp:

Reguards

DD

Did you manage to sell this?

I cant believe that the BSA scorpion t10 hasnt been mentioned, it's got a shot count of 60 which is plenty for hunting, it's light compared to the rapid's and r 10's, although they are good guns the accuracy is comparible to these guns and it is lighter :good:

The last 5 times i've been lamping i've had well over 10 rabbits and thats with in 2 hours

012.jpg

IMG00004-20100816-1015.jpg

042.jpg

Edited by olim

Another vote for the HW100k! I prefer the silence and 14 shot magazine for hunting. However, I would say the HW97k is more satisfying to shoot, and just as accurate at sensible ranges. Of course a better fitting stock can transform an otherwise mediocre shooting experience. Like getting new tyres for your Evo ;)