Beretta auto cart problem

spiceychilli57

having real problems with semi not recycling second cart properly, its ejecting the 1st cart case but failing to find the barrel with the second cartridge :yes: ive only just got it back from its service, does anybody know if this common or does something need adjusting its driving me mad :angry: any help much appreciated

thanks

yeah its a 391 should i send it back to the guy who serviced it and complain to him?

They can suffer from a bent carrier that makes the shells mouth hook up at 9 oclock to the breech, where the extractor sits and the cure is to bend the carrier upwards slightly on this side to make the shells enter the breech correctly. Hasn't happened to mine yet, fingers crossed.

EDIT: Should have read 3 o'clock to the breech

Edited by sitsinhedges

I sold and cleaned more than a hundred 391s over a six year period, and am unaware of this "known problem". What happens when you cycle shells through the gun without firing them? I am aware of a problem with the bolt release lever, (the piece that has the button you push to close the bolt), if the trigger group has been taken out or put in without depressing the button. The solution for that is a gentle bending, but bending the shell carrier seems odd to me. I'd definitely consult the guy who did your service efore I did anything. If you know someone with another 392, you might switch trigger groups and try it.

Good luck,

Pete

I sold and cleaned more than a hundred 391s over a six year period, and am unaware of this "known problem". What happens when you cycle shells through the gun without firing them? I am aware of a problem with the bolt release lever, (the piece that has the button you push to close the bolt), if the trigger group has been taken out or put in without depressing the button. The solution for that is a gentle bending, but bending the shell carrier seems odd to me. I'd definitely consult the guy who did your service efore I did anything. If you know someone with another 392, you might switch trigger groups and try it.

Good luck,

Pete

Take your pick http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/search.php...p;submit=Search

They can suffer from a bent carrier that makes the shells mouth hook up at 9 oclock to the breech, where the extractor sits and the cure is to bend the carrier upwards slightly on this side to make the shells enter the breech correctly. Hasn't happened to mine yet, fingers crossed.

EDIT: Should have read 3 o'clock to the breech

Yep, i had the same with a U2. if gun was dirty then it would catch, after speaking to baretta they said that a replacement carrier should sort the problem. i was at the CLA and went for a chat to GMK and one very kind gent went out back and got me a new carrier. fitted it when i got home and since then i havent had a problem. 1500 carts since and i think i should clean it.hehe.

Phil.

intriguing... cycling carts through by hand its fine no jamming at all, when its fired tho its holding the second cart up at 3'oclock to the breach, only doen it on rare occasion before thought that was normal :good: think a phone call might be required tommorow to the service guy :hmm: not what i would expect from a qualified gunsmith with a few years experience under his belt wont name and shame untill he tries to charge me for repair :good:

intriguing... cycling carts through by hand its fine no jamming at all, when its fired tho its holding the second cart up at 3'oclock to the breach, only doen it on rare occasion before thought that was normal :good: think a phone call might be required tommorow to the service guy :hmm: not what i would expect from a qualified gunsmith with a few years experience under his belt wont name and shame untill he tries to charge me for repair :good:

if its of any help i have noticed with my auto which is approx 18months old is that it does not like 28 7 and half carts so i tend to stick 32 6s etc

even if he didnt fire it he should know how to service it corretly and i expect to get it back in the same condition that i gave it to him in :hmm: and thats another thing... when it went in the sight beed was fine now its loose and rattles arrgh!! :good::good: carts wise the 32g 6's have never been a problem but 28g 8's have misfired a couple of times maybe once or twice a round maximum

even if he didnt fire it he should know how to service it corretly and i expect to get it back in the same condition that i gave it to him in :hmm: and thats another thing... when it went in the sight beed was fine now its loose and rattles arrgh!! :good::good: carts wise the 32g 6's have never been a problem but 28g 8's have misfired a couple of times maybe once or twice a round maximum

My 12g Urika cycles 21gram loads so 28g shouldn't be a problem if the gun is clean and working properly

Good luck,

Pete

I've certainly heard of the bent carrier problem on the 391

easy to check without firing. you take the carrier out and see if it sits square on a flat surface, if one corner is up then its bend.

28g of 7 noble sport is my main one, i have gone as low as 21g with no problems and the same for 32g of 6. before the carrier was changed it would happen ever 20 or so shots if i didnt keep the gun spotless.

Phil.

Have the same on my urika. Took the carrier out and sorted that. It was slightly better, but it doesn't seem to like the 65mm cases. I have been using Lyavale pigeon express 30g No6. A fantastic cartridge in my O/U but the semi won't deal with them. It will cycle anything as long as its 67mm upwards. If you havn't looked at this then try it. Hope this helps.

Dealing with the carrier is easy, take the front pin out and waggle the whole trigger assy out. You will see by placing it on a flat surface if it is bent. Then simply (and gently) tweek it back into kilter. There is a site somewhere on how to do this, will see if I can find it.

Edited by turbo33