QB th78d

N_Faria

Dear Airgunners,

Due to a recent problem with my car i spend over £700, now i dont have money to buy thr BSA R10, because i only have £150 left.

I cant see much choices.

Can someone advise me or give me an oppinion over a QB TH78D 22 or 177

Would the QB78D fill my expectations, I like shooting targets but eventually i would like to shoot a few rabitts as well.

How many meters does the QB78D reach?

Can the rifle be improved in power?

Thank You...

Nuno F

I persoanlly would get a decent springer over a qb or if you could push to it i expect you could pick up an Air arms s200for 200-250 :yes:

:good: :good: The 78 is a ok gun but limited amount of shots with the 12g canister, the 79 gives on average a 150 shots out of a 88g bottle. They can be tuned to a nice power but the shot rate will fall. Also when it's cold the co2 doesn't come out properly :yes:

:good: :good: The 78 is a ok gun but limited amount of shots with the 12g canister, the 79 gives on average a 150 shots out of a 88g bottle. They can be tuned to a nice power but the shot rate will fall. Also when it's cold the co2 doesn't come out properly :yes:

I'd say go for an XS79,in .22cal.You can convert them to be refillable(I've got one)Refill costs around 0.08p per fill.A great accurate little rifle if your willing to use some elbow grease on it.Jim.(NightOwl).

Edited by jimcam

• 2 weeks later...

you can get a bsa supersport brand new for 200

quality springer, ive used it for hunting and the odd target for about 3 yrs and it has never failed me

its dropped rabbits, squirrels, rats by the 100, crows etc :good:

im upgrading to a r10 over christmas time (hopefully) because its qiuet multishot and holds a fair amount of shots per fill

you can get a bsa supersport brand new for 200

quality springer, ive used it for hunting and the odd target for about 3 yrs and it has never failed me

its dropped rabbits, squirrels, rats by the 100, crows etc :good:

im upgrading to a r10 over christmas time (hopefully) because its qiuet multishot and holds a fair amount of shots per fill

:hmm: 100 rats mate. More like 20 :lol:

Hi

As already said, the 78 range can be modded to the eyeballs :good:

I have three, a TH78, an XS78 which is bulk filled with a 9oz bottle, i don't have a clue how many shot's i'll get from a full 9 ounce of liquid Co2 as i haven't emptied it yet :blush: and i have a QB78 which is to go on a custom stock (when i get around to finishing it :yes:

QB78 on undercoated custom T/H stock..

1hmt8.jpg

TH78, this rifle has not been touched in any way and only doing around 7fpe, it can easily be got up to the legal limit- and over if not careful!!

rifleTH78b.jpg

XS78, this one is also on a custom thumbhole stock (both were made by a chap on another forum and not by me) this is the MaxZ bulk fill model, it can use an ordinary Co2 bottle with a tap valve or one with a pin valve or can be made to use 12g cart's by removing the adapter and simply screwing the cap back on with two cart's installed, when i tested this rifle through the chrono it was doing 14fpe :o , it's now running nicely at 11fpe at room temps...

riflebfrs.jpg

Here's a couple of modded Ratties too which can be 'upgraded' though these only take one 12g Co2 cart and so would need changing more often..

riflerattiescustom1-1.jpg

BTW, if you do go with Co2, the power output will drop in cold weather and rise in the hotter months, also, don't go for 177cal as it's much harder to tune up to a usable muzzle energy...

Good luck in your quest :good:

Cheers, John :)

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Airgunners,

Due to a recent problem with my car i spend over £700, now i dont have money to buy thr BSA R10, because i only have £150 left.

I cant see much choices.

Can someone advise me or give me an oppinion over a QB TH78D 22 or 177

Would the QB78D fill my expectations, I like shooting targets but eventually i would like to shoot a few rabitts as well.

How many meters does the QB78D reach?

Can the rifle be improved in power?

Thank You...

Nuno F

Flippen 'ek...we live in an age of immediate want, need, must have......... patience, forget second best, hold fire, save as hard you can and get what you want, when you can find the money!

Buying second choice is seldom the long term answer and often leads to frustration and even more cost!

Such is life.

ATB!!

Hi

As already said, the 78 range can be modded to the eyeballs :good:

I have three, a TH78, an XS78 which is bulk filled with a 9oz bottle, i don't have a clue how many shot's i'll get from a full 9 ounce of liquid Co2 as i haven't emptied it yet :blush: and i have a QB78 which is to go on a custom stock (when i get around to finishing it :yes:

QB78 on undercoated custom T/H stock..

1hmt8.jpg

TH78, this rifle has not been touched in any way and only doing around 7fpe, it can easily be got up to the legal limit- and over if not careful!!

rifleTH78b.jpg

XS78, this one is also on a custom thumbhole stock (both were made by a chap on another forum and not by me) this is the MaxZ bulk fill model, it can use an ordinary Co2 bottle with a tap valve or one with a pin valve or can be made to use 12g cart's by removing the adapter and simply screwing the cap back on with two cart's installed, when i tested this rifle through the chrono it was doing 14fpe :o , it's now running nicely at 11fpe at room temps...

riflebfrs.jpg

Here's a couple of modded Ratties too which can be 'upgraded' though these only take one 12g Co2 cart and so would need changing more often..

riflerattiescustom1-1.jpg

BTW, if you do go with Co2, the power output will drop in cold weather and rise in the hotter months, also, don't go for 177cal as it's much harder to tune up to a usable muzzle energy...

Good luck in your quest :good:

Cheers, John :)

Can I have one of the th stocks to fit on my XS79 Please My friend? Jim.{Night Owl}.