A few crows and pigeons

turbo33

Had a call from the keeper about the crows hitting his cover crop on monday last week, so tuesday I was up there ready to ambush them. The weather was awfull as you will remember, blowing a hooley and with intermittant wild rain showers. I set the hide up on the edge of the maize and deeks 25 yards out and twenty or so yards upwind. I was trying some Fiocchi 32grm 6's as they were on 'special' at the dealers.

The crows were wanging in on the wind with that classic duck and dive which made the shooting very testing. Finished at about 3pm with a total of 37 and 4 pigeons. The keeper wanted the carcasses left around the field to discourage further attacks on his cover crop. So I left them where they were, several in the cover crop and the rest in thick woodland. These guys made it into the photo shoot :good::good:

post-14901-0-51131100-1289941391.jpg

Went out to the estate today for a look round. There was very little about, most of the pigeons still seem to be in the woods. After an hour of scouting, I settled for another cover crop that bordered a field of barley. There were a few crows on it and a few pigeon starting to move about. Again I set the hide up in the maize with crow deeks in one group and pigeon decoys some 30 yards apart from the crows. Started about 12 and finished at 3.15. Tally was 15 crows and 7 pigeons. Two crows fell into the cover strip and I picked the 7th pigeon up on the way back to the truck. The rest posed for the camera :yes:

post-14901-0-00626600-1289941912.jpg

Good shooting mate,was a nice frosty start yesterday too,you need to be carefull of frost on yer birds mate :lol::lol: Freezer burn :lol::lol: im out tomorrow if the weather is decent :yes: hopefully get a pic or two on here :yes: catch up with you on Sunday for the Hampshire meet :good: BB

The thing is BB, god will punish you for "freezer" quips and you will find your shooting cancelled due to bad weather :lol::lol::lol:

See you sunday. :good: Now off to keep the lead fairies away from my shells :good::lol::lol:

Edited by turbo33