Poachers

You have not upset me matey just the same as most antis dont upset me, your all entitled to your opinion, I just pay them no mind.

Everyone paints a self portrait with their words and actions ;)

I will be really honest and admit I find it hard to believe that anyone connected with fieldsports thinks as you do with as much bigoted bile, but there you go.

YIS

Good to read that you not upset. Disregarding the views and opinions of other especially when those views and opinions are in the majority rarely leads to a satisfactory conclusion. You ultimately find yourself ever more isolated and ostracised, to a point where you have no alternative but to concede that you not only have lost the fight, you have lost the battle and the war. I realise that sometimes it takes a while for the penny to drop with some people. There's none so blind etc etc.

They say deeds speak louder than word. They also say that word are mightier than the sword. They also say a picture paints a thousand words. Draw from that what you like. I always maintain that acceptability, reasonability and a clear appreciation that ethical behaviour requires both to be applied in equal measure sets true country sportsmen apart from the abusers of hunted quarry.

That you feel what has been expressed to be bigoted bile shows how little you understand and appreciate the majority view on coursing. Perhaps a little less paying them no mind should be the order of the day, week or year in the house of Badfeet. I have been connect with field sport all of my life and the years now come to a considerable number, and I am not alone in my views and opinions. in fact what has been amply demonstrated is those views and opinions are in the majority and will remain so. The future looks bleak for you and your coursing brothers, you'll remain locked out of the accepted country sports fraternities, the ban will never be lifted on coursing, and you will slowly deminish in number as the years march inexorably on. A few more of you will end up in court and more landowners will close their lands to you in light of those court cases. Will that inevitability be mourned by many?. No. Will the anti -hunting lobbyists clap their hand and shout Hurrah!? Most certainly. Will I be one of them . Nope!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bloody hell lads this has all got a bit out of hand! I initially started the thread to find out the legal situation of shooting some long dogs owned by poaching scum.

Anyway the problems solved now using some "unorthadox" techniques shall we say! Lets just say the poachers dont really have the ability to poach this piece of land anymore!!!

:) No worries. Threads regarding poaching, using dogs to take deer and coursing inevitably run to a few pages simply due to the extreme opposing views, and the apple opportunity for the clowns to try their lets just ask the same question over and over again comedy routine out.

Eventually everybody gets bored and gives up and the world turns ever onward. ;)

Glad to read that the poaching situation has been resolved. Even if it was by unorthodox techniques.

. You ultimately find yourself ever more isolated and ostracised, to a point where you have no alternative but to concede that you not only have lost the fight, you have lost the battle and the war.

I am sure that as a fellow hunter you will be happy to know that I am very far from being isolated or ostracised :yes:

In fact my permission (yes, permission) grows ever larger year on year, now being something just over 30,000 acres (yes, 30 thousand) :D with at least double again and maybe more enjoyed by friends where I can visit when I wish and be in the company of good hunting types from all walks of life :D

Thats a lot of rabbits ;)

I dont paticularly want to "win" any battle, sad that you think someone should "loose"....that attitude is a loose/loose situation for all country sports.

This thread has evolved as it has gone along into one of the better ones I have read.

YIS

Good for you. On all counts.

You might not want to win but you have definitely lost. For those that consider coursing cruel and unnecessary, they have lost nothing and won all. Unfortunately those realists amongst us know that keeping to rabbits is an impossibility irrespective of how hard one might try. It only takes one mistake at the wrong time, in the wrong place, in front of the wrong people and the hand of the law reaches out with its firm and unshakeable grip. Some will happily run the risk but for how long? A few more court cases and the land owners will be getting more and more reluctant to grant their permission. Irrespective of the verbal guarantees offered or the reputations that are put forward. Don't forget they are just as libel should the hand reach out to grab hold of the shoulder.

Are you no longer living in Orsett then? :D

Edited by Rasher

I've never lost one bit of permission since the ban, in fact gained more due to others quitting the dogs. Will I ever stop coursing with my dogs? :no: as my dogs were bred for coursing, if I want rabbits I'll take the air rifle or ferrets out ;)

Its a free world. Perhap strictly speaking in your case its not. :hmm:

All that constant having to look over your shoulder must put a server kink in the neck.

Its a free world. Perhap strictly speaking in your case its not. :hmm:

All that constant having to look over your shoulder must put a server kink in the neck.

Never look over my shoulder mate as I like to see what my dogs are running :yp: :lol: :lol:

Never look over my shoulder mate as I like to see what my dogs are running :yp: :lol: :lol:

Brace yourself for that inevitable firm grip on the shoulder then. :lol:

The antis are just twitching to get another load of illegal lurcher users up in court. They are particularly keen to get one or two with "permission" as they want the landowners before the bench as a matter of priority. Set a few examples so to speak. Grind your noses in it, to boot.

Behind every hedge or round every stone wall or in every spinney there's likely to be a keen observer with a video camera, and it ain't candid camera they are filming. :yp:

Brace yourself for that inevitable firm grip on the shoulder then. :lol:

The antis are just twitching to get another load of illegal lurcher users up in court. They are particularly keen to get one or two with "permission" as they want the landowners before the bench as a matter of priority. Set a few examples so to speak. Grind your noses in it, to boot.

Behind every hedge or round every stone wall or in every spinney there's likely to be a keen observer with a video camera, and it ain't candid camera they are filming. :yp:

Ha Ha, just as I thought, your no more than an anti troll who has busted in on this thread. :D:yes:

Seen hundreds of you before, you stick out like the proverbial sore thumb.

You boys are in the death throws of your petty little ban and the money hasnt got as much clout with this new lot as it did with your mates in "New Labour" :lol:

Hunting, shooting & fishing will go on....you can rest assured of that.

Good Hunting to all, whatever your method of choice :good:

Over and Out

Ha Ha, just as I thought, your no more than an anti troll who has busted in on this thread. :D:yes:

Seen hundreds of you before, you stick out like the proverbial sore thumb.

You boys are in the death throws of your petty little ban and the money hasnt got as much clout with this new lot as it did with your mates in "New Labour" :lol:

Hunting, shooting & fishing will go on....you can rest assured of that.

Good Hunting to all, whatever your method of choice :good:

Over and Out

A anti troll...........................you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. :lol: :lol:

That sore thumb of yours needs some ointment put on it mate as it sure is telling you lies.

I can assure you they never spent any of my money getting coursing banned. If you think its all over bar the royal anthem you are seriously deluding yourself. Cameron's got more pressing problems than a few disenchanted dogmen baying for a repeal.

Hunting, shooting & fishing will go on I agree but not in the way you want to do it. You've had your day, its done, finished! There animal right lot are simply waiting to turn the screws down ever tighter on you. Brian May would front up the legal cost just for the pleasure of it. :lol:

and who argued most dogmen weren't do as you likeys, as ever when you're breaking the law anyway why worry about being allowed on the land :lol: the true colours are really coming out now.

So this 30K acres do the landowners know you have permission on it or is it just the distance from your back door you can be bothered to travel to :lol:

and who argued most dogmen weren't do as you likeys, as ever when you're breaking the law anyway why worry about being allowed on the land :lol: the true colours are really coming out now.

So this 30K acres do the landowners know you have permission on it or is it just the distance from your back door you can be bothered to travel to :lol:

Nice one! :lol::drinks:

I think some of the broad statements made concerning the intelligence, integrity and sportsmanship of running dog owners is rather pathetic.

I know many owners of running dogs and they are a mixed bunch, much the same as the shooters, fishermen, footballers, cricketers, etc., that I know.

Nobody likes poachers whatever method they use, but most poachers don't use running dogs.

I think some of the broad statements made concerning the intelligence, integrity and sportsmanship of running dog owners is rather pathetic.

I know many owners of running dogs and they are a mixed bunch, much the same as the shooters, fishermen, footballers, cricketers, etc., that I know.

Nobody likes poachers whatever method they use, but most poachers don't use running dogs.

They must be living in a different world in Cambridgeshire then!

Cambridge News Published: 10/11/2010 10:06 - Updated: 11/11/2010 08:50

"Sharp spike in poaching prompts police plea

Raymond Brown

A sharp increase in hare coursing and night poaching has triggered a plea from police to members of the public.

Officers in Cambridgeshire have seen an increase in the number of incidents across the county over recent weeks and are appealing for help to catch those responsible.

The Rural Community Action Team has reported 47 people for court summons and seized six vehicles since September.

There has also been an increase in night poaching over the past few weeks. And there were 10 incidents reported over the weekend.

Sgt Jo Reeves said: “There has been an increase this year in the number of offences which are often in remote locations.

“Night poaching is also on the increase with offenders trespassing on land and using dogs or guns to kill the animals."

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Home/Sharp-spike-in-poaching-prompts-police-plea.htm

How about Lincolnshire

"Deer poachers in Lincolnshire are using specially-bred dogs to hunt with increasing frequency, police claim."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lincolnshire/8278066.stm

"Taking poaching seriously

Poaching is a serious problem in parts of East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire, Inside Out joins Humberside Police as they crack down on the gangs who take dogs into the countryside in search of foxes, hares, deer and even badgers.

South of the River Humber just outside Goxhill, the helicopter crew see a group of five men who watch as their dogs chase and then tear apart a badger."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/content/articles/2008/10/13/yorks_lincs_s14_w5_poaching_feature.shtml

BBC video footage

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/england/realmedia/insideout/westyorkshire/081015_io_yorks_poaching?size=16x9&bgc=C0C0C0&nbram=1&bbram=1&nbwm=1&bbwm=1

"The farmers and gamekeepers complain that the poachers are aggressive, and that they trash crops, damage vehicles and steal farm equipment and tools.

PC Nigel Lound says "Poaching is a huge problem for people in the countryside and the people who do it are villains, they don't care about damaging property and they don't care about trashing crops."

All this lot must be different from the those many running dog owners that you know. :sneaky2:

The police can put money down to catch a man chasing a large rabbit which was brought to the UK by the Romans for coursing, but can let a guy kill 3 women maybe even more, even though they were watching him for a year.

All I saw in the footage a dog chasing a hare on stubble, is that the biggest crime you want to see dealt with.

A few years back it was perfectly legal and now we as the tax payer have to fund helicopters to look for them. I am glad that people are paying for this rather than stopping drug dealers down the local park push drugs to kids.

Poaching has always gone on, it always will, Rasher is naive to think a few BBC campaigns to get the public on their side to push their lefty view with stop poaching forever.

The biggest criminals in the countryside are the supermarkets pushing down prices.

As far as I am aware the debate of morals was lost when you stated throwing insults.

How about I go through the BBC to find articles on Gamekeepers poisoning BOP's, maybe farmers killing badgers and leaving them on the roads, landowners firing on deer with unsuitable guns?

Why is it landowners don't believe the law applies to them?

So taking away drag hunting and shooting, what do you support? You say fieldsports but as yet that has been shooting only.