off roading

bobby dazzler

went to have a look around one of the farms yesterday to see if any thing about not a lot happening so put the suzuki jimny through its paceses i was out for a coulpe of hours to see what it could cope with and i was amazed where it would go come on who else has been out playing in the snow doing some off roading :lol:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have to hold my hands up big YES from me ,i used to revel in this weather in my youth especialy when i used to off road most weekends with a variety of heavely modified landies,it really does make you a better driver in the snow when your used to driving in mud and s... all the time .unfortunatly its more of a nessecity nowadays driving in it.yesterdays journey took me three hours to do 30 mile to see my accountant , i just cant help feel smug when i see the less fortunate slipping and sliding allover the place he-he.

just stick with your straighteners and hair dry to melt the snow, grabbers in a jimny, yer right!, you hair dressers must be earning a few quid to think about off road tires. :lol::lol: :yp:

i do feel sorry for you phill cus you had to spend 400 quid to get some grabbers on yours and you still cant get it of the drive :lol:

Earnt some real 'man points' this morning in my L200 :D , Wife didn't fancy driving her Jimny, so took my wife to the hospital - sitting in the carpark felling a bit bored when I noticed a delivery 3.5 Ton truck stuck trying to get a slope on the hospital site.

Offered to try and tow him up the slope with my L200 - cheer mate. So backed in an hitched up, with us both on ice/snow - loadsa wheel-spinning and it moved up to the top ok but jammed when turning through a flower bed. So unhitched and run the slings between parked cars to pull him up the last bit, more wheels spinning noise more worried car owners but did it, that was quite a pull :good: I'm sure if my wife took her Jimny she could have pulled the guy out :lol::oops: .

Wife not happy when I started to pull the truck she got out disowning me :blush: and complained about the cold on the way home in my dirly old truck,"sorry I normally leave the side windows open for the dog to look out <_<

Edited by Conygree

you did your good deed for the day well done :good: but you should of let the wife take the jimny you would have not struggled so much to get the van up the hill :lol::lol:

Cheers BD, yep I'm sure the Jimny would have done the trick :no::lol: ,I just keep being disowned by my wife

I love taking the Jimny out but for sliding about the L200 is a manly beast B) On Saturday we were suprised on the shoot day by snow, so they wanted to do x3 drives but after x2 drives it really snowed. I was on my quad and on the last drive the birds were falling into 9" of snow, so not picked.

Then I gave up on birds and went to find beaters & picker-ups lost in the snow, got them all together and helped tham out of the fields and went off to put the quad back in the barn and fit snowchains to get the l200 up a slope and off home, only the odd landy about. Soon found some cars stuck towed one out - no probs, but as the tow point is on one side I towed it up a hill crabing all the way. Near home was a car stuck in a dip but as I backed up the owner wanted to man it out with his shovel - I thought his wife would kill him with his frigging shovel when he turned down a tow home. So I left them in a beautiful snowy setting swearing at each other :lol:

How is it down your way - been up Cleeve cloud yet?

Edited by Conygree

i do feel sorry for you phill cus you had to spend 400 quid to get some grabbers on yours and you still cant get it of the drive :lol:

BFG's sir. i wouldn't lower my standards to Generals.

Cannot fault my good ol' Paj in these conditions! :good:

I could last year on duelers as i stuck mine in a hedge.

this years im happy on BFG A/T. been all over the place and not overly worried about it.

Cheers BD, yep I'm sure the Jimny would have done the trick :no::lol: ,I just keep being disowned by my wife

I love taking the Jimny out but for sliding about the L200 is a manly beast B) On Saturday we were suprised on the shoot day by snow, so they wanted to do x3 drives but after x2 drives it really snowed. I was on my quad and on the last drive the birds were falling into 9" of snow, so not picked.

Then I gave up on birds and went to find beaters & picker-ups lost in the snow, got them all together and helped tham out of the fields and went off to put the quad back in the barn and fit snowchains to get the l200 up a slope and off home, only the odd landy about. Soon found some cars stuck towed one out - no probs, but as the tow point is on one side I towed it up a hill crabing all the way. Near home was a car stuck in a dip but as I backed up the owner wanted to man it out with his shovel - I thought his wife would kill him with his frigging shovel when he turned down a tow home. So I left them in a beautiful snowy setting swearing at each other :lol:

How is it down your way - been up Cleeve cloud yet?

its been snowing most of the morning here going to try and get the sledge out for tommorow i have not been up cleeve yet might do though that will be good fun dont come over in your L200 though will you i dont want to have to pull you out :P

its been snowing most of the morning here going to try and get the sledge out for tommorow i have not been up cleeve yet might do though that will be good fun dont come over in your L200 though will you i dont want to have to pull you out :P

Tell you what? how about if I come over and put your Jimny and your pink plastic sledge in the back of my L200 and I'ld take you up Cleeve Hill, no probs. I will put some man type skis in and may earn some L200 man points doing some rock climbing in my shorts - fancy a challange?

no chance you wouldent see me in a pink sledge you would reck my street cred i only use purple one,s with black spots :lol: i wouldent want to take you up on the challege cus i would be worried you would get stuck half way here and i would have to come out and rescue you :lol:

Look I would like to come along in my wifes (not mine)Jimny - but what would my mates say if they found out I went to a 'Jimny coming out party'

Really I'm off up the loft to see what there is in the way if sledges up there that have not been thrown out due to 'global warming'. I'm picking my son up from the swimming pool at 8:00pm yep in his shorts real L200 man, and mention it to him as we may come down and meet up on Cleeve hill by the W.T. towers?

I'd be surprised of your Jimney could tow a sledge let alone an L200?! My lawnmower's got a bigger engine than they have! :lol:

I've been out on roading. That's fun enough in some places. I even bought a new tow strap today - recon I'll have it paid for in tips by the end of the week! It's going to get worse before it gets better I think?

I'd be surprised of your Jimney could tow a sledge let alone an L200?! My lawnmower's got a bigger engine than they have! :lol:

I've been out on roading. That's fun enough in some places. I even bought a new tow strap today - recon I'll have it paid for in tips by the end of the week! It's going to get worse before it gets better I think?

if i wanted i could buy a landey or L200 tommorow been in both trucks and drove both trucks for me one was to big and the other you need a fuel tanker to foliow you around that is why i went for suzuki jimny does want i want it to do and more

What's this two glostershire men having a go at each other?

OK I admit it the Jimny is the 'real fun car' I put a set of snowchains on last winter and had great fun nothing stopped it and being shorter could out do the l200 easy in some places, as was proved on the landrover test track, plus alot cheaper to run. I need the L200 for woodland work with it's load carrying plus a big winch on the back for tree pulling - both have their uses.

What's this two glostershire men having a go at each other? // let them get on with it what ever floats there boat :good:

OK I admit it the Jimny is the 'real fun car' I put a set of snowchains on last winter and had great fun nothing stopped it and being shorter could out do the l200 easy in some places, as was proved on the landrover test track, plus alot cheaper to run. I need the L200 for woodland work with it's load carrying plus a big winch on the back for tree pulling - both have their uses.

Edited by bobby dazzler