Beretta Ultralight

triscrx

Ignoring the colouring, the main thing thing going for you as you have stated it feels right to handle. You can as you say get shoulder pads to help with the recoil, with my sporting jacket I can fit gel pads into it to help absorb recoil, don't know what these are like due to my own inbuilt padding.

Unfortunately this is one gun that falls into the Marmite situation, you either love them or hate them, hope you can find one to try before parting with any money. It does look though as you made up your mind that the ultra light is the gun that you want as it ticks all the boxes for you. Just with this gun make sure you are fully happy with it, would it be possable for you to try the second hand one you have come accross?

i have shot an ultralite and loved it,the man who owned it said he bought it just for woodcock,but it's the only gun he shoots now,clays and all disaplines,when i was first looking for a gun a picked one up and was warned off them because of recoil i wish I'd followed my instincts and bought it,but f clays are a problem then use 24/21 carts,no balistic disadvantange and lighter on the shoulder,you are looking for someone to tell you it's the right choice gun,SO without further comment,go out and buy it,you will like it,personally if they did one I'd buy fixed choke

Why is a fixed choke more pointable :hmm:

I'd go for a multi everytime. We all tend to stick to one choke but having the choice is important, IMO :yes:

chokes are heavier and walls of barrels thicker at end to accomadate chokes therefore more weight at end of barrel,so fixed choke lighter at end and more pointable,multi chokes only worth having if youi swap between disaplines a lot, I stick open/skeet in for clays and 1/2 for most field work with my A400,most people just stick 1/4 and 1/2 in and forget the rest,my silver pigeon had fixed choke and never was a problem.just my view

• 2 years later...

just found this discussion and thought id add to it!!

i bought an ultralight about 4 months ago and straight away i noticed the gun was a little too muzzle heavy for my liking so after a visit to my local gunsmith i had some weight added to the inside of the butt stock. this brought the balance weight back perfectly for me. i use this gun every two weeks up my local clay club using express 28g 7.5, 8 , 9. and when im up on the farm i use express 30g or 32g of 6s!!! i find the recoil no problem.

I've had one for a few years now, 26 1/4" barrels, 5lb 1 oz , multichoke. Shot everything (except geese with it) no problems. Have also shot 400 carts on clays (28g), no worse than any other gun I've fired to be honest. I must have a perfect mount :lol: Recommend one