Jailed for lobbing fire extinguisher - right or wrong?

death from below

I agree that he should have been punished, possibly with a more serious charge, I think it was a foolis and rrisponsible act, however, i think that other things that happned on the protests were more serious and should have been delt with first, also perhaps a fine and a commuinity order.

He handed himself in so he isnt likley to do a bunk and perhaps a wait for a trial with all thats hanging over him would have helped too.

Mungler you do have a very valid point

Beretta

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would have thought , if the lad had the intelligence to get into Uni..he would of had the intelligence not to throw the FI.... sorry, but he deserves all he gets..about time these Idiots were put in place instead of a slapped wrist

He wasn't in a Uni, he was attending a very rural polytechnic studying for a useless "degree" that wouldn't have got him a job as a binman, no disrespect to binmen!

As has been said elsewhere, he is 18, an age at which I, and others, had a job with responsibility and is old enouugh to know what he is doing. I expect his grandfathers and great grandfathers, who were likely fighting for their country at that age, are spinning in their graves.

20k a year? I thought the figure was more like 50k a year.

I couldnt find exact home office figures so errerd on the side of caution

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKL2021229120070521

The estimated annual cost of imprisonment rises from 37,500 pounds to 49,200 pounds per prisoner when the costs to inmates' families and wider society are taken into account, according to researchers at King's College, London.

Seems £37.5k is closer!

I couldnt find exact home office figures so errerd on the side of caution

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKL2021229120070521

Seems £37.5k is closer!

Split the difference! :lol:

Hiw about this menace to society - I'd have thrown away the key myself...

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20110112/tod-briton-convicted-for-throwing-snowba-6058bda.html

Veering slightly off track, I think jail time should be out-sourced in a similar manner to call centres. I reckon it'd well cheap in any third world country, 100% more effective and a true deterrant. :yes:

Now that is a corker of an idea - I hear Poland is quite empty now...

and flip cold too. Don't send em to a resort!

Veering slightly off track, I think jail time should be out-sourced in a similar manner to call centres. I reckon it'd well cheap in any third world country, 100% more effective and a true deterrant. :yes:

Well don't send to me here in India. I've enough muppets to deal with already. I've been to a police station here and that was bad enough. Wouldn't like to think what the prisons are like.

I for one am glad the student fella has been locked up - lobbing it off the roof was at best a completely moronic attempt to injure and he is lucky no one was killed. I see the bleeding heart liberals are out commenting in the Times about how he should be given a community service order as it was a 'rush of blood to the head'. That is exactly what the poor unfortunate would have got if the extinguisher had landed on them - I'm all for protest when someone believes a wrong has been done but I'm glad, for once, that a reasonable sentence has been given, even if he will only serve half of it.

wrong decision should have shot him or hang him