Which Charity? For Pigeon Watch N v S 2011

Teal

There are a lot of votes for cancer charities.

The Orchid Cancer Trust ticks all the boxes in my opinion :

* National Charity

* Cancer Charity

* Not a large wasteful charity

* Deals with mens health issues (as the majority of PW members are men)

I have met the founder of the charity and I am sure if we supported this charity then it would create great PR for the forum and Orchid. I am also sure that unlike GOSH last year that we would get banners, and general support tying the two organisations together. >SUPPORT<

FACTS AND STATS HERE

Great idea ME :yes::good:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the replies so far, I think that all the charities mentioned are very worthwhile, since this topic opened on a Saturday I'm going to leave it open for another two days to give it a full week and see if there are any more comments or suggestions.

Pigeon Watch has decided to support just one charity to ensure that the cheque presented is the biggest that we can, and can make a significant difference for the selected charity. By rotating the charity each year, in time we hope that charities which are not selected this year will get another opportunity next year :good:

There are a lot of votes for cancer charities.

The Orchid Cancer Trust ticks all the boxes in my opinion :

* National Charity

* Cancer Charity

* Not a large wasteful charity

* Deals with mens health issues (as the majority of PW members are men)

I have met the founder of the charity and I am sure if we supported this charity then it would create great PR for the forum and Orchid. I am also sure that unlike GOSH last year that we would get banners, and general support tying the two organisations together. >SUPPORT<

FACTS AND STATS HERE

Gets my vote :good:

First of all, thank you very much for your suggestions, with many different and varied charities selected. There were two real front runners for this years Charity, MacMillan Nurses and Orchid Cancer. Based on the number of replies in this thread in favour of each, the charity that we have selected for the 2011 PW NvS Shoot is Orchid Cancer. :good:

As the most popular choice and a charity which does some excellent work; in research, public awareness and providing support for sufferers of male cancers on a limited budget we hope that the money raised will help change the lives of people affected by this dreadful disease.