Which Charity? For Pigeon Watch N v S 2011

Teal

I know there will be a fair bit of differing opinion on this one, so I wanted to open it up with plenty of time to get your thoughts in on which Charity we should support with the North v South Charity Shoot this year. I know that there are many, many worthwhile charities in the UK who do some fantastic work, and unfortunately we will not be able to support them all, but by going for a public topic on Pigeon Watch we want to gauge opinion on which the most popular ones to support might be.

The only criteria is that I think that it is important that it is a National Charity to reflect the theme of this event, and the fact that Pigeon Watch is well represented accross the UK.

Last year a children's charity (Great Ormond Street Hospital) was well supported with over £4,000 being raised by members, both on the day through entry fees and a raffle, and prior to the event through justgiving donations, t-shirts etc. This really was a terrific achievement and the amount raised in 2010 will have really made a difference to the Hospital.

:good:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go with the flow so as not to be an unecessary pain, nuisance or otherwise create trouble for the good people who are pulling this event together. Whatever the choice of the majority, I'll support it and cough up. For my 2p, cancer or kids, or kids with cancer to tick both boxes.

For my 2p, cancer or kids, or kids with cancer to tick both boxes.

Lennox Childrens Cancer Fund for me <link>. We support them at our local shoot.

"Lennox Children’s Cancer Fund is a national registered charity providing nationwide support to children suffering from cancer and leukaemia; their families and siblings.

At the Lennox, we pride ourselves on the support we are able to offer to families when they need it most! We strive to provide direct, practical, emotional and financial support to all children with cancer aswell as their families and siblings during such a difficult time. This crucial support is provided through a range of projects including Care Grants and Respite Holidays."

But appriciate that the most votes win and my sister owes her life to GOSH so wouldn't be upset if it ended up being GOSH again.

Dan

The Children's Charities are most worthwhile, but as you did Great Ormond Street in 2010, maybe go for a different approach this year and I can think of Help for Heroes, the Army Benevolent Fund or RNLI all being worthwhile National Charities and cover the UK & Ireland, with many Irish men & women in the Forces and RNLI stations all round the British Isles.

100% in favour of a children's or cancer charity in 2012 but whatever is chosen wil have full support - good luck!

I will support any charity bar the RNLI, they have almost as much money as the church and waste more than the labour party.

Although going by recent experiences with my Mum then any Cancer charity would be an excellent choice

Edited by MC

The Children's Charities are most worthwhile, but as you did Great Ormond Street in 2010, maybe go for a different approach this year and I can think of Help for Heroes, the Army Benevolent Fund or RNLI all being worthwhile National Charities and cover the UK & Ireland, with many Irish men & women in the Forces and RNLI stations all round the British Isles.

100% in favour of a children's or cancer charity in 2012 but whatever is chosen wil have full support - good luck!

Whilst they are worthwhile causes, Help for heroes and the RNLI are currently VERY well subscribed to. :yp:

My vote also goes to either childrens or cancer charities...or has already been said, a childrens cancer charity.

Shaun