2011 North of England Sporting Selection Fixtures

Nicky T

The Committee of the North Region CPSA would like to invite all North Region English Sporting shooters to compete in a series of five (5) 'selection' shoots, with a view to representing the North Region team in the National Inter-Region competition, held at the British Open Sporting Championships, West Midlands Shooting Ground, Hodnet between 2nd & 4th September 2011. The 'best' three (3) scores out of these five shoots will count (see later for full details).

The North Region 'Team' will consist of ten (10) Seniors, and three (3) each of Veterans, Ladies and Juniors. Two (2) reserves per category will also be identified, in the event of a team member not being available. Relevant ages for classes will be as per current CPSA definitions, and all team members must have current CPSA membership.

Any North Region shooter who successfully qualifies for the North Region team will be expected to commit to entering the British Open. A team member who then shoots the event (or nominated reserve, if used) will be reimbursed their entry fee after the event, and will receive an embroidered cloth badge to signify that achievement. No other fees will be paid (for any reason – travelling, subsistence, accommodation etc.)

The five qualifying shoots for 2011 are:

10th April – Coniston Shooting Ground

12th June – Spennymoor Gun Club

10th July – North Wolds (NB this will be fibre/felt wads only)

24th July – Manchester Clay Shooting Club

7th August – North of England Activity Centre, Rufforth

Selection is determined by a points system, calculated from the score of the highest scoring North Region shooter (NOT the 'High Gun' – who may be from out of the Region). The North Region high gun at each shoot will receive zero (0) points and all other prospective team members will receive one (1) point for each target lower than this score. For example, the North Region high gun posts a 90, and you shoot 89, you receive 1 point; if you shot 85 you would receive 5 points; and so on. In the event of two or more North Region shooters shooting the same high gun score, each/all will receive zero points.

At the end of the series of five shoots, the members with the lowest number of accrued points from any 3 of the 5 qualifiers, and who have expressed their willingness to represent the North Region at the British Open Championships will be invited into the 'team', as per the categories above.

In the event of two or more shooters finishing with the same number of accrued points, a 'tie-break' system, agreed by the Committee, will be used. Details of this will be supplied in that eventuality, and all selected team members will be notified.

A record will be maintained, which will be available at each selection shoot, of all prospective team members, who will have signified their wish to be considered, by entering their full contact details (name, postal or email address, telephone or mobile phone number) as well as CPSA number and category. Further information may be obtained from Terry Deakin, the North Region Sporting Team Manager on 07740 628881.

That's a very generous offer by the North Committee, as it's going to cost nearly a Grand in entry fees to subsidise all 19 entries to the British Open. :blink:

I've shot for the South East Region in the past, all I've ever got is a badge. :lol:

I thought they'd discontinued this event, and replaced it with the National Inter Counties..? :hmm:

Cat.

Edited by Catamong

the north has always done this and i thought all regions did also :hmm::hmm: bit of an incentive to do the big ones :good::good: something good from up north then at last. :lol:

Well, that's it then, looks like I'd better jack my job in that provides so much tax revenue for the HMRC, get on the dole and start claiming Incapacity Benefit, become obsessed with football, drinking and lottery scratchcards, wear a cloth cap and start racing my ferrets, I've only then got to talk funny and start every sentence with "Eeeh, by gum", and I'll become a Northener, with FREE entry to the British, can't wait..!! :lol:

Cat.

Well, that's it then, looks like I'd better jack my job in that provides so much tax revenue for the HMRC, get on the dole and start claiming Incapacity Benefit, become obsessed with football, drinking and lottery scratchcards, wear a cloth cap and start racing my ferrets, I've only then got to talk funny and start every sentence with "Eeeh, by gum", and I'll become a Northener, with FREE entry to the British, can't wait..!! :lol:

Cat.

You'd have to qualify for the team first! :good::P

That's a very generous offer by the North Committee, as it's going to cost nearly a Grand in entry fees to subsidise all 19 entries to the British Open. :blink:

I've shot for the South East Region in the past, all I've ever got is a badge. :lol:

I thought they'd discontinued this event, and replaced it with the National Inter Counties..? :hmm:

Cat.

You'd better have a word with the South East Region then Cat and get them to start being as generous as us Norverners :yes: IMO opinion it's only fair that the levies paid by shooters at county and regional championships should be partially used to benefit those who qualify to represent the region at one of the major events on the calender.

I believe that the Inter Counties is completely separate to all of the above but believe that the selected North Region Team should still be elligible to enter the National Inter Counties at Southdown on 2nd October 2011 :hmm:

The same selection shoots could be used, but the NoE Team consists of those from Yorkshire, Lancashire, Merseyside, Cumbria, Durham and Northumberland so you would need to pick teams from each for the Inter-counties :yes:

Something along those lines is already in consideration with a view to having the ability to select teams from the North Region Counties :yes:

Sounds good, so how does one express interest in being considered? Contact Terry direct or fill a form in at the first shoot?

Either method will suffice but there is usually the opportunity to write your details down on the scoreboard at each selection shoot :yes:

Phil Moss likes a good night out. He might be able to do coaching too (at a good clay ground in Essex) <_<

He does indeed. :good:

I believe he's making his way up to the 'Midlands' ( :oops: ) for the NvS shoot :yes:

Cross his palm with silver and he MAY give a bit of coaching on the big day. I don't think he's bothered about the team, it's all about the craic for big Phil :D