Pike

kipper

damn that was a good spree well done. never had much luck late on, but i do fish lures a lot.

give the tidal trent a go if you want a challenge,beautiful fish.

I only go dead baiting when I go these days Stu It really was a 1 off day but just shows ...............

:rolleyes: There's allways one aint there :rolleyes:

Good point thoe Stue, :good: I will keep that in mind and kneel with the next one :good:Fish care/safety/respect a must, I'm a little out of practice and rusty. its not untill someone points out the obvious, it makes perfect sense :good: I have done a lot of pike fishing out lincoln way mate with good success on gravel pits (some unfished not anymore, these unfished waters are a thing of the past) and the Trent and foss dyke + others.

Cheers lads.

Kipper :good:

thought this happened to you and that's why you were holding the fish high, and not out of practice or rusty??

No mate I would not and I would not usually hold any fish that far off the ground. I slipped on the sleepers leading up to the stage I was fishing off when I went to pick up the run. It was very painfull to kneel or stanf for that matter. 3 and a half hours in A&E to be told it was not broken. what a reliefe.

Cracking fish that mate! My piking season has been dire so far, just cant seem to get the bank time.

Cracking fish there fella :good: if your into pike fishing. The lake near me has had some woppers caught a 46lb pike before christmas came out and it holds carp to over 40lb but its all hush hush check it out on the web ( kenfig pool ) near Porthcawl :good:

You are aware that a 46lb pike would make it into the top 5 UK pike ever arnt you? There was a 46 caught in 2007 that was from an undisclosed water, but from what I hear it wasnt in wales. The trout ressies are probably the best bet for a 40 now, but theyve not been great recently either.

Well captured Kipper on both accounts.

Bit of an SFQ :blush: but did you return it to the water??

Regards

GG

No GG, I knocked it over the head and its in my freezer now, :o

No Chance, :sly: Of course it went back into the water unscaved and it lives on to fight another day. Hopefully i will catch her again some day and I hope she has put on a few more pounds :good:

Not a bad pic to say it's off my phone.

Tight Lines

Hi Kipper apologies if I offended you in any way.

I'm un aware if you can eat pike or you return them. As I don't fish.

I feel your forthright reply has put me in my place.

QUOTE "No GG, I knocked it over the head and its in my freezer now"

I think I will sit on the fence next time you post.

Regards

GG

No GG, I knocked it over the head and its in my freezer now, :o

No Chance, :sly: Of course it went back into the water unscaved and it lives on to fight another day. Hopefully i will catch her again some day and I hope she has put on a few more pounds :good:

Not a bad pic to say it's off my phone.

Tight Lines

Easy GG,

I read his response as tongue in cheek rather than forthright.

You can eat Pike, in ye olden tymes it was regarded or known as "poor mans' salmon"

I believe its quite boney and its the younger smaller pike that make better eating.

Hi Kipper apologies if I offended you in any way.

I'm un aware if you can eat pike or you return them. As I don't fish.

I feel your forthright reply has put me in my place.

QUOTE "No GG, I knocked it over the head and its in my freezer now"

I think I will sit on the fence next time you post.

Regards

GG

Hi GG,No need appologise and No Offence taken mate :good: ,I was not intending to come accross as being forthright :blush: . As Taxi driver said at one time of day pike was indeed knocked over the head and a meal or two was made of them. they was also knocked over the head and left on the bank by corse fisher men and match fishing men as they beleived that pike ate all the smaller fish that they targeted.

Keep the quality pictures coming GG, sory for the confusion,Respect.

Edited by kipper