Brake lines

Dorsey

I've been scouring the interweb for some replacement brake lines for my old Cherokee as the copper ones are a bit corroded and probably won't do another mot.

None of the normal places carry them and the auction site doesn't help much either. Anyone have any ideas? Or failing that, anyone tried making their own, flaring kits seem kinda cheap so it can't be toooo hard, right?

If you have copper ones already I'd be very surprised if they corroded beyond safe use

are you sure they are copper?? steel brake pipes tend to rot away the copper or copper nickel just tarnish (go very red usually)

easy ish job, new fittings will make life easier

Edited by Paul223

jeep dont use normal metric brake unions if you do go down the d.i.y route they have thier own special thread so make sure you get the correct ones or you,ll be looking at a BIG bill to replace whatever you strip the threads on by trying to install incorrect ones .as for brake pipe its not that expensive to buy in rolls normally 2/3 rolls will replace all the pipes on a vehicle.

as already said copper brake pipes dont rust the only problem with them is that they "work harden" if they are not clipped up/supported sufficiently.

hope this helps

They are copper, it seems kinda standard on jeeps, I think they're 3/8" fittings so can probably get those somewhere. I'm just kinda skeptical about these cheap flaring kits.

I have never seen copper pipes need replacing unless damaged, are you sure they aren't steel?

As said, if you can remove them then a local garage/motor factors should be able to make up new ones pretty cheaply.