no pigeons

pigeoncatcher

We have plenty here in the south of Cambridge RAMMER BURT, though getting them to decoy on the Rape is fruitless and there are plenty on it.

Last week we tried something different. Instead of putting the decoys on the Rape under the flight path, we put them in the Wheat NEXT to the Rape under the flight path. They decoyed nicely.

It was late in the day at this point so next time we will have a full day doing it this way, just to see if it was a one off.

MMMMMMM ????? Got me thinking now ??

Went yesterday after gaining permission to shoot the field where the pigeon were pouring into on Monday, result one pigeon. The large flock seen on Monday was gone from the area aklthough several hundred were still to be seen. Set up by 9 am in a dry ditch almost completely hidden by whin bushes and awaiting results. Today instead of flighting to feed the pigeons sat in two small young plantations before, as if on some prearranged signal they took of enmasse to the roosting wood where I was shooting on Monday. Ah well back to the drawing board.

Blackpowder

Well i went today didnt go on the cover crop as it was ******* down and they seemed to be favouring the beet tops beside a wood so i set up there under a tree in the dry and managed a grand total of 3 !!!! plenty about though just not in front of me all up the other end of the field !!