Cheap all round cartridges

The words cheap and good do not usually go together. There are very few if any bad cartridges out there these days, assuming you are using an over and under then cartridges from Eley, Hull, Gamebore, Kent, Rio etc are all good consistant performers.

If you value your local gunshop and want him to remain in buisness thats where to buy them, he will steer you to something he gets a good deal on. I would recommend 30gr of 5 shot over a felt wad. No farmer will want you back if you start littering the place with plastic wads biodegradeable or not. Dont go for mega velocity, that will just give you a sore shoulder, muzzell velocity of 1300-1400 fps will be fine.

A

Does anyone know of a good all round cartridge for pigeons,game and vermin? Also how much would they be?

If we knew where you were/are we could point you in the right direction, no point recommending someone in Cornwall if you are in Durham!

Apologies did not read it through.

I am now sitting on the naughty step.

But it is aways nice to know where people are.

We have a chef who trades as Country Bumpkin, in the Herts area, very good and very different meals, are you he????

Edited by bakerboy

I live in kent but my gunshop only sells expensive cartridges so was looking for something a bit cheaper.

Where in Kent ?

Try http://www.countrywaygunshop.co.uk/catalog/

They are normally the best prices in the area.... though John Forsey may be worth a go, Greenfields sometimes have specials, not often for game /pigeon loads...

West Kent are fairly keen, but mainly clay loadf i think....

And don't forget branches of Scatts , maybe not the cheapest, but they normally do me.

Clay loads are allways about at cheap prices, game/pigeon loads in this area are not..more so if ,like me, you choose to shoot fibre wads. but how many and how 'cheap ' are you expecting to buy ?

Dave ;)

I must go down and clear him out, Eley VIP`s at £0-00 ! That`s my kinda price :lol:

Now then Henry,Don't go getting his hopes up !..... if you click on the item , it expands to show the price.... though i'm sure you knew that :yes:

Their current price for Gamebore clear pigeon , fibre wad, 30g 6#...is £196..... I buy from Scatts , the same load is £185.20 thousand ... thats at the most current price list i have, that price may have changed by now.

Dave :)