MK1 MERCURY

point and shoot

I have recently overhauled my MK1 Mercury .22. I have successfully zeroed it at 20 meters but when it came to 40 meters it was a different story. Although there was some wind I was all over the place with it. The power was still there (penetrating 6mm plywood) but the accuracy wasn't. Am I asking too much? What effective range should I expect? Any help appreciated.

Les

well i have a mercury but i dont know how old i know it has been someone's before me for a long time, it was his favourite rifle till he got a PCP. So there is every possiblity it could be a mk1 who knows. However mine is pushing out at 11.5 ft/lbs. And i always use eley wasps. On my garden range ( dont worry its a big garden with a barn wall as a backstop) which is 83 one foot infront of the other holds zero fine at roughly this range. I say roughly as i have no distance perception. So on my fields i have range markers ( well more reference points) from rabbit hotspots that i have pree paced out at 83 one foot in front of the other as this is the distance i practice at! and with mine i can consistantly hit the Bottom of coke cans and those little miniature tonic water cans. Ive never done grouping tests to be honest, but i do a fair bit of shooting and they are always headshots, and clean headshots. hope this helps somewhat

• 2 weeks later...

well i have a mercury but i dont know how old i know it has been someone's before me for a long time, it was his favourite rifle till he got a PCP. So there is every possiblity it could be a mk1 who knows. However mine is pushing out at 11.5 ft/lbs. And i always use eley wasps. On my garden range ( dont worry its a big garden with a barn wall as a backstop) which is 83 one foot infront of the other holds zero fine at roughly this range. I say roughly as i have no distance perception. So on my fields i have range markers ( well more reference points) from rabbit hotspots that i have pree paced out at 83 one foot in front of the other as this is the distance i practice at! and with mine i can consistantly hit the Bottom of coke cans and those little miniature tonic water cans. Ive never done grouping tests to be honest, but i do a fair bit of shooting and they are always headshots, and clean headshots. hope this helps somewhat

That is up to 30yds max then unless you have very big feet :good: