solid slug

rimmie

hi all iv got some solid slug and was woundering what chokes too use with out buying extra ones.i no true cylinder+true cylinder but as said i dont want to buy extra iv got a beretta silver pigeon and i use 1/4+1/2 normaly any ideas ?? :/

Edited by rimmie

cyl is a classic, and skeet.

some slugs run good with full chokes.

what slug do you have?

there magtech i dont no if there just solid or if they have got groves round the edge like winchester ones i will have to cut one open and have a buchers :good:

dempy you bad boy :lol:

Edited by rimmie

I use 1/4 choke for all my slug shooting but it will depend on the type of slug as to how tight a choke you can use without damageing the barrel .1/2 choke or less and there should be no cause for concern with lead slugs.

How ever sabbot slugs and flechett rounds though may need a more open choke for safety.

A tighter choke does not make for a more accurate slug gun either!.

Bob

Ps. A box of 25 1oz S&B slugs cost around £15.00 at my local Gunshop

Edited by mowdy

I use 1/4 choke for all my slug shooting but it will depend on the type of slug as to how tight a choke you can use without damageing the barrel .1/2 choke or less and there should be no cause for concern with lead slugs.

How ever sabbot slugs and flechett rounds though may need a more open choke for safety.

A tighter choke does not make for a more accurate slug gun either!.

Bob

Ps. A box of 25 1oz S&B slugs cost around £15.00 at my local Gunshop

so i could stick with 1/4+1/2 ??

As said above 1/2 should be fine. Mine groups the best with 1/2 but 1/4 is acceptable, so the deer tell me.

il stick with 1/4+1/2 and see how it patterns i havent shot slug through my silver pig before and am worried about damageing the gun but theres only one way to find out :bye2:

Could you not cut open one and drop the slug down the barrel and see if it rolls straight through?? :hmm:

doesent work like that foster slugs are smaller that any barrle the normaly stop halfway down them but work fin when fired, brenekie are the same but a much much better slug imho they kind of have the wad atached to them and can be loaded with a crimp seal to, and very very powerfull