What will a Defender do to the Gallon.

dazbrit

So, Billy, the roof you removed. Could you see if there a way to fit a Frontera type hatch into it? I can;t help but think that this would be your best option in the long run. At least this way you can stay in the relative safety of the vehicle, the elevation gives an advantage, you can always store and replace the spare roof should you choose to sell the vehicle later on (for probably the same as you payed for it, or perhaps more; try doing that with a granny wagon UKP).

The roof I took off is more than likely not going back on. Once I've got this new one sprayed, I'll be happy.

Catch 22 is not that the new roof has headlining, so I can't start cutting all that to bits to make a hatch. Plus I'm no good at that sort of work and will deffo destroy the car.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can't be bothered to get involved in arguing this. UKP, .......... (but you do)

Do you describe your wife to your friends as "My wife, Sarah; Great in the kitchen, always irons my shirts and on occasion lets me pot the brown after sinking the pink"

Actually she's called June.

Mick, I don't worry about canvas backs or demountable backs for that matter. The manufacturer obligingly fitted a rocker switch that opens and closes the full length sunroof ;)

Actually she's called June.

Mick, I don't worry about canvas backs or demountable backs for that matter. The manufacturer obligingly fitted a rocker switch that opens and closes the full length sunroof ;)

I'm not surprised, how the hell else would the emergency services lift out the arthritic occupants once their hips finally give up the ghost? Got to hand it to the Japanese, they almost think of every eventuality.

muddy footprints on the seats must really make the missus happy :lol:

You never heard of folding rear seats?

I'm not surprised, how the hell else would the emergency services lift out the arthritic occupants once their hips finally give up the ghost? Got to hand it to the Japanese, they almost think of every eventuality.

It's also an escape hatch for when the occupants pee reaches above the window level.

Edited by UKPoacher

well lets just hope this one lasts a while, might be a slight delay on a new one at the moment or if you can get one may have a minor glow in the dark effect going on :oops:

Thanks for your warm sentiments. All being well it only has to do until January when it will be traded in for a LHD model. I'll look out for the night glow models though. It will help me find it in the dark.

If you change your tena's more frequently you won't run into any flooding issues, my elderly uncle reliably informs me. Just doing my bit to help the 'big society'.

I don't have that problem. I just drop the commode in through the full-length sunroof. It will help when I get to the post office too early and have to queue. After all, I'll be a pensioner by the end of October.