Heads Fried

Hi all

Right lads i'm finally going to do it an put in for my variations. I nearly got it done last year and then a bit of ill health stopped

me doing so.

But whats frying my head, is what caliber to actually go for. I don't want a .222. And i'm stuck between an 22-250, .223 or go for

what i asked for originally for, which was a .243. I would rather the .243 as i can do both jobs with one gun. Fox controll mainly

and deer if an when any chances arise in near future and it would save money buying 2 guns. I have land but with no deer actually on

it. But i have been lead to belive that i don't actually need deer on my permissions to have a .243. But i'm having second thoughts an

thinking of dropping down one maybe 2 calibers and but i just cant decide which one to have if my land doesn't pass for .243 and i'm

forced to drop down any way.

Any advice would be gratefull, not a totall novice to the center fire world, but helping hand to the

pros an cons of each of the caliber mentioned above would be grate.

ATB

DD

When I applied for a .243,the feo came back to me, and said after checking the land that I had no deer on it,BUT, I could still have the .243 as it's a recognised "fox calibre".My FAC now states the .243 shall be used for fox and deer.So, I don't think there should be a problem.

Alan :)

It makes it easier if you have deer permissions but not impossible. Approach the subject saying you want a fox rifle that is also capable for deer rather than needing two rifles. If they mention no deer permission say you want to do some paid stalking in the future. If you are super keen go on a couple of stalks using an estate rifle and provide the receipts as proof you have been going. :good:

just get the 243. It is a good fox control caliber. You could always say that you intend to go stalking in the future.

Thanks

Rick

this is whot i dune had mine for foxing for a year a bit down the line got in to stalking 243 will do it all(87 v max dose it all fox/deer in my gun)IAN

Edited by magnum

I have stated that its mainly for foxes and I will be doing some stalking in near future whether paid or I'm lucky enough to aquire land with deer on it. My Feo was reasonable an understanding about how I would want one gun to do two jobs, instead of buying two guns and having double the cost. So hopefully in near future I'll be Going about my permissions with my new .243 and giving those foxes some serious grief and hopefully a deer for the freezer too.

Go for the .243, as we discussed recently. You can have it for fox only, if you prefer, and add deer onto your ticket at a later date.

Or do what others have suggested, and say that you want a .243 for fox, and deer stalking in the future.

I don't think you will have any problems, apart from getting a permission that has been passed for .243.