Bunny Population Near you?

ellebarto

All my land has lower numbers than when I started, and some are virtually bunny free zones, that's what I get paid for and that's what the landowners want!

I run maintenance programs on my land generally now, the only time big numbers happen is when I take on new land that has a problem, and it gets dealt with!

I am not in the business of saving some sport for next year where bunnies are concerned, I'm in the riddance business!

Just the same, Mixxy, birds, foxes, climate etc can all have an effect as well! :good:

I have only seen two on our shoot this year. both times had the shotgun with me but just let them be. Not too many Hares either. Lots of feral pigeons and crows

but you can't, I wont!, eat them :)

ATB

There are dozens of hares out my way there seems to be half a dozen in every field I drive past as for crows the crew yard harbours a good few but the ferrals I've been keeping ontop of.

We had myxy go through the population the year before last, so there arent too many about although the population is slowly recovering.

have you seen any signs of mixy this year? i had a similar experience to most of you guys, year before last we were tripping over rabbits, over 200 in 3 months, and as a relative novice at the time i thought i did quite well. then they got hit with mixy and last year i only managed a quarter of that figure so moved on to crows and squizzers, i also noticed a lot more fox around. this year i've already hit the ton in under 3 months, when the hay gets cut i'll expect double that, on looking round you can clearly see how busy burrowing they've been so i'll be recruiting a crack PW team and will be setting up camp and sniping them from tree cover soon. less foxes this year tho:yp:, still some about as there are a few carcasses to prove it.

the last couple have had mangy coats, not sure if this is actual mange, mixy, or just dehydration. At least they'll be easier targets if it is mixy :good: