Back from the 2 best months of my life.

groach1234

I've been away from the forum for the last 2 months because I've been away traveling on my gap year. I got back home last night after having spent 2 months travelling around south east asia in thailand, vietnam and laos and its been the best 2 months of my life. I spent 6 weeks in thailand a week tubing in laos and 10 days in vietnam. Being back now I just dont know why i showed such trepidation about leave and almost didn't go. It wasn't uneventful with couple of friends ending up in hospital. I have been to amazing places and done amazing things and would love to still be out there or to do it all again. If anyone ever gets the chance to go out there then take it as you'll have an amazing time.

George

Thanks all it was absolutely amazing.

Save up some money and do it all again, travelling is so good for the brain and the soul. :good:

That is the master plan. I have 4 months until uni so going to work and save up for indonesia and new zealand next year.

Tubing in Laos is one of the best things I've ever done. I did two months on a similar route to yours.

I bet a 5 hour bus ride seems like nothing to you ;)

Tubing is the most fun I have had in my life but I went skinny dipping at midnight in phospheresance in halong bay and that was the most surreal and best experience of my life

George

Tubing is the most fun I have had in my life but I went skinny dipping at midnight in phospheresance in halong bay and that was the most surreal and best experience of my life

George

I went swimming in Ha Long Bay and if someone had told me the jellyfish that swim in there, I'd not have jumped off the boat :lol:

Ended up sleeping on the deck, as our room was alive with cockroaches

The Suffolk boys will getting over-excited thinking that is some kind of activity involving a gerbil and the tube from a bog roll..

That'll explain Markio's visit to 'Pets R Us' this afternoon.

He's never been the same since the move. :o

I had three years in Singapore and the surrounding areas.

Then another two years in the middle east and surrounding areas.

Then five years in Germany and the surrounding areas.

The odd few months in Central America and taking in Mexico and a few other places within a few hundred miles of Belize.

Not forgetting, of course, good ole UK - Scotland Ireland and Wales.

All that was courtesy of the tax payer - I was in the Army :rolleyes: