Are D&J's still considered 'low quality'???

Just 'acquired' 250 D&J 28gm No8's in fibre and was thinking of giving them a go this weekend at English sporting. I've read some reports on here about them being dirty,smokey and apparently prone to 'falling apart'!! but these reports were over 3 years ago and I would imagine(hope) that these issues would have been remedied by now.

So does anyone use them at present or should I work my way through these ones ASAP and get back to my Fiocchi's?

atvb

sg1

You will find some folk will have a pop at some cartridges because they arent "In Vouge" at the time,and can also afford the top price cartridges that AAA class shotters use, thinking it will make them as good, shoot them as suggested make your decision and most of all enjoy the time you spend shooting them :good:

D & Js are OK, though I don't like fibre. Everybody twitters on about them being "dirty". This is gay talk. :sly:

Nothing that a boresnake won't handle in a second. Plenty of expensive cartridges are just as "dirty", if not more so.

I was concerned to hear about the "falling apart" problem. That was scary, though it never happened to me once, and I used to shoot thousands of them. The only reason I stopped buying them is that they're just not cheap any more. If I wanted a cheap cartridge for practice or mucking about, I wouldn't pay for these, there are better, cheaper ones out there these days.

Give them a go and ignore the talk about them being "dirty" and don't drop your keys in front of whoever is chirping on about the being "dirty", you'll almost certainly be in for a "squeal piggy" moment :lol:

I have used these in both 7 1/2's and 6's and never had a problem with them. Everybody goes on about them being dirty, this isn't a problem for me as I clean my gun after every outing anyway. Good luck :good:

I also clean my gun/s after every use and a spray of Napier bore cleaner left in for 10 mins cleans out everything to a chromed shine :D .

I thought 8's would give me marginally a better pattern spread than the 7 1/2 Clever Mirage's I normally use. I even bought 250 Lyalvale expreess 21's the other week to try through my SxS's , I guess I'm going through the 'which cartridge is best for my guns' stage now I have about a years worth of Sunday morning shoots under my belt(well actually more like 40 Sundays so still very much a newbie) . I'll give the D&J's a whirl and at £42.00 for 250 it'll not hurt the wallet too much if I get on with them. :)

thanks for advice guys

atvb

sg1

D and J plastic are okay, but the felt are filthy. Not just a matter of cleaning the barrels - the muck has to be scrubbed out. I have tried these in a Beretta, Guerini and Miroku - same in all three.

I would not use them if they were free.

Well....I used some at Goodwood today and I'm leaning well towards the opinion that they're a bit 'cheap' quality as I hit only 2/5 rabbits with them and IIRC nothing else(I was also using Clever Mirage's which I hit my usual average with).

A couple of them sounded 'weak' and the primers on a few turned blue/black once dischardged(is this normal?) Plus our RFD who was with us said they're **** quality and just shoot em and forget em!!

I will go back to my Fiocchi's/Mirage's full time again now and as far as cartridge selection goes....go with the old saying...'If it aint broke, don't try to fix it'

atvb

sg1